500 exhuast on 2013 3.7

on3uluz

Reaction score
Picked up 2012 500 mufflers for 200 brand new ...will it work i was told they have boss mufflers stock .. So im not sure why they wouldnt ..

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
They appear to mount the same and dimensionally appear the same. So they should work. And for what it's worth, they're not Boss mufflers. The Boss mufflers are very quiet. You don't want those.

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
Isn't the GT500 a 3" exhaust? (or maybe 2.75") and the 3.7 has a 2.25" exhaust?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
The GT500 mufflers have a 2.75-inch inlet, and the 3.7 is a 2.25-inch pipe. Any competent muffler shop should be able to match the muffler to the existing exhaust system.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This is a really simple job for any muffler shop like jsimmonstx said. You should be in and out of the shop in an hour or two, which is well worth the hassle of doing it yourself (for most at least). Plus the labor cost will be minimum all said and done.

Post of video of your exhaust when it's installed. I don't think I've heard a 3.7 with only GT500 mufflers and stock mid-pipe.

Good luck with the install!

Shane

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
There's a guy on afm iirc that has stock mid pipe&gt500abs it sounds good. Let us know how u like it op.

jmstang66

Mayhem Mustang Winner
Reaction score
I've been wondering how this setup would sound myself...I have the GT over-axle pipes and muffler's on mine now, and it sounds 'ok' compared to the stock v6 stuff, but I need more!

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
The only difference with the Boss mufflers from the stock GT mufflers is that the Boss mufflers have bigger tips i believe.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I am bumping this thread for some input on this.

I have the stock axle backs off of my 13 5.0 GT, and I was wondering if they would bolt up to my wife's '14 3.7.

From post 5 and 6, it sounds like the inlets are different sizes, and I will need to take them to a muffler shop to get them to fit? I just didn't want to crawl under the car and take the stock 3.7 mufflers off only to find the ones from my GT don't fit.

jmstang66

Mayhem Mustang Winner
Reaction score
I have a 2012 3.7 with 5.0 GT overaxle pipes and GT500 axleback. You can actually hear the exhaust now! Has a decent idle tone to it, and has a nice little burble/pop when you shift gears. And best of all it doesn't sound like a damn tractor like that Roush shit does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBYqYEy8eY

^ couldn't get it to embed in my post

GTX86

forum member
Reaction score
You'll have to get them welded on but I think you'll like the way they sound. My 3.7 had GT500 mufflers on it and I thought it sounded awesome. It was aggressive but not too loud and there was absolutely zero drone. Like a Nissan VQ with bigger cojones.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
The way to do this mod is to buy a set of GT over the axle pipes and have the muffler shop make up a coupler so you can join it to the stock mid pipe. Now you can use any muffler that was meant for the GT or the Gt500.
A step further I went, I used a Gt500 h pipe which is 2 3/4. I mated it to the stock 3.7 resonators after they were cut open and hollowed out. That pipe is 2 3/4 so it blended perfectly. Then used the Gt500 over the axle pipes. So everything just after the stock cats is 2 3/4. By modifying the Gt mufflers to fit the 3.7 stock pipes you are left with an oddball muffler. Make the mod at the mid pipes. Simple and now you can change mufflers to whatever floats your boat.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back