Tiger Racing Hood after 1 year = :(

HDSE

Reaction score
Sorry about that. You should be able to view them now.

Wyatt

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. You should be able to view them now.

Wyatt

Jack,

Thanks for unlocking the pictures.

I just now took a close look at them.

There is no doubt in my mind if one was driving with that hood it might be even worse than my existing Seibon C/F hood for water issues.

I really like the Tiger Racing C/F Hood and my Seibon C/F Hood but they are not for IMHO DD. (Daily Drivers)

Both of them would have the Spark Plugs down in the valleys floating in water as well as the COP (Coil on Plugs).

It would be instant Mis-Fires !!!

It simply comes down to not driving in the rain as the Seibon Representative Point-Blank-Told-Me.

As he said, Terry if you want Exotic then you have to be willing to Adapt to the use of it !!!

I appreciate your pictures as the one below definitely answers the question on Water entering the Engine Compartment in Abundance.

Thanks again,
Terry

HDSE

Reaction score
The grills do not keep the water out. They are for rigidity and they look great. I do not drive this car in the rain. But when I wash it with a stream of water in front of the car, very little water gets into the engine bay. The hood keeps the front end from lifting. And drop my engine temps 5 degrees when I am on the track. I have had this car up to 175.2 mph at the Mojave mile with zero issues & no cracking. When delivered the underside of the hood is a disaster with regards to finish.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The grills do not keep the water out. They are for rigidity and they look great. I do not drive this car in the rain. But when I wash it with a stream of water in front of the car, very little water gets into the engine bay. The hood keeps the front end from lifting. And drop my engine temps 5 degrees when I am on the track. I have had this car up to 175.2 mph at the Mojave mile with zero issues & no cracking. When delivered the underside of the hood is a disaster with regards to finish.
I really like the looks of the Tiger C/F Racing Hood !!!

But in my case I mainly drive mine and in many cases out of State on long distant traveling.

So even though I like the Tiger Hood in my case I might as well stick with my Seibon C/F hood.

Some things a person just has to deal with and these C/F Exotic Racing Hoods is an example of that.

T.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I don't really see the point of going with the C/F hood on a daily driver. They tell you the C/F version is for racing only. I don't see any advantage over the fiberglass version anyway and that's why I went with glass. Again, I have driven in the rain several times(I live in FL) and no water has gotten in, certainly no flooding of spark plug holes.

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Its alive!!!!!
Update: Well since my original fiasco I ended up scoring on a great deal on craigslist for a Fiberglass Tiger Racing hood. $300 bucks and it was local. It did have a small crack on the front leading edge where it seem some bozo may of pushed the car by using the hood. Nothing major though. It has been through extended periods of rain, as tested by this past couple of weeks of rain. I've never had a problem. I'm still in possession of the original Carbon Fiber piece but I have not done anything with it.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Its alive!!!!!
Update: Well since my original fiasco I ended up scoring on a great deal on craigslist for a Fiberglass Tiger Racing hood. $300 bucks and it was local. It did have a small crack on the front leading edge where it seem some bozo may of pushed the car by using the hood. Nothing major though. It has been through extended periods of rain, as tested by this past couple of weeks of rain. I've never had a problem. I'm still in possession of the original Carbon Fiber piece but I have not done anything with it.

Hang it on the wall, that's what I did with my original warped hood scoop lol.

noldevin

forum member
Reaction score
For those worried about their intake and rain, you can always use a prefilter on the intake.
As for keeping the rest dry.... nope. Though you shouldn't really get misfires from some rain, that should all be sealed and relatively weatherproof.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Yes, we're talking about the same thing, just with differing degrees. That TR hood does a good job of venting the underhood area, and meets the rules of the classes it was designed for, but it isn't perfect.

The C6.R reverse ducted hood is what I'm talking about. The radiator is rolled forward and a semi-sealed duct is mated to it and the hood. Makes for better front downforce and more cooling. When tied into a real front splitter design it can make big improvements.

Sorry, I'll quit going out on this tangent...

Now this is what I want to do! This is like the red beast correct?

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
How much did you guys pay for a decent paint job on a fiberglass hood? Did the hood require much prep?

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
How much did you guys pay for a decent paint job on a fiberglass hood? Did the hood require much prep?

The hood requires very little prep. Your painter will be pleased. Take it to a quality place though. Likely your original paint is faded and you want an exact match to the rest of the car. I had mine replaced under a claim, but I don't see why it would cost more than ~$800 for a decent job.

I'm sure they will tell you this also, but sit the hood out in the sun for a couple weeks after you get it to make sure it is fully cured before painting it.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back