Any movie buffs or movie goers?

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
Deadpool is fucking amazing! It's not part of the MCU so doesn't have to follow certain rules and not being part of Mouse House I guess it can afford to be R-rated... and boy is it ever (weirdly in the UK it's rated 15 - fuck knows how they managed that!!!).

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while with gratuitous violence, cussing, sexual reference.... I'd imagine it'd be perfect for most on here ;)

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I have no clue about the character but the movie trailer I saw (unrated) was incredible.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw Dead Pool today and laughed my ass off. Great movie but things happen so fast, you sometimes miss some of the dialog.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Deadpool is fucking amazing! It's not part of the MCU so doesn't have to follow certain rules and not being part of Mouse House I guess it can afford to be R-rated... and boy is it ever (weirdly in the UK it's rated 15 - fuck knows how they managed that!!!).

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a while with gratuitous violence, cussing, sexual reference.... I'd imagine it'd be perfect for most on here ;)

Saw Dead Pool today and laughed my ass off. Great movie but things happen so fast, you sometimes miss some of the dialog.

That movie was damn good. It was made for Ryan Reynolds. Funny throughout the whole movie.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Deadpool was simply amazing. It is definitely worth a second watch because I know I missed some of the jokes. There was some great lines in there

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I hope Deadpool does well with numbers, the theater I saw it in at 10am on Valentine's Day was packed. It could show that there is a serious market for darker, more adult themed comic book movies.

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
I hope Deadpool does well with numbers, the theater I saw it in at 10am on Valentine's Day was packed. It could show that there is a serious market for darker, more adult themed comic book movies.

I saw it on Valentine's Day morning at 1100 and the theater was packed. Was the best movie I have seen in quite some time. Wife even liked it.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score

Deadpool is smashing it - $134m weekend off of a $58m cost. Sequel has already been green lighted

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

Deadpool is smashing it - $134m weekend off of a $58m cost. Sequel has already been green lighted

Yep. Also biggest opening weekend ever for the following:

February opening,
R Rated opening
Thursday night opening ( I believe this one is also based on the R Rating)
Biggest super hero origin story opening

I just love the fact that it was R rated and did well. Hopefully the studios will start making R rated movies again instead of cutting everything down to PG13. IF the script calls for an R, make it an R.

I would love to see Marvel give the Punisher another go.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Agreed. It HAD to be R. And I'm getting tired of the lack of R movies. Hopefully you guys are right and this will show that we need some more. Gotdamn this movie was awesome.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well the thing that suck about it being R is that my 9 year old son won't be able to see it for a few years or when it gets edited for tv. He's a big marvel fan and he's bummed.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Well the thing that suck about it being R is that my 9 year old son won't be able to see it for a few years or when it gets edited for tv. He's a big marvel fan and he's bummed.

I understand that, but it wouldn't have been half as funny if it was PG13. And I think the character requires this level of crudeness and violence. You can always tell your son that Civil War comes out in May. ;)

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

I think I saw my first R rated movie when I was 9 or 10 and I turned out just fine lol. First R rated movie I ever saw was Aliens.

I understand that, but it wouldn't have been half as funny if it was PG13. And I think the character requires this level of crudeness and violence. You can always tell your son that Civil War comes out in May. ;)

Yes, this movie had to be R.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back