New Delrin 35mm Sway Bar Bushings

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Higher bar rates can be murder on poly bushings, especially when you're pushing your car hard. When using some of the stiffer 35mm bar settings, we've seen customers split and mangle their poly sway bar bushings. These new delrin bushings will pretty much eliminate bar deflection (leading to more consistent bar and less "parasitic loss") and prevent customers from blowing out their poly bushings. This upgrade when paired with our billet saddles will help serious corner carvers keep their front bars working as they should.

27976647464_400e9403c6_b.jpg

27977860763_cc81c4848b_b.jpg

27976647444_66d19c7bd8_b.jpg

Last edited:

JerryZ

Reaction score
I hope you'll have one available soon for your 38mm big bar where it is most needed. Thanks Dylan!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So these will fit the factory 34.6mm front bars?

20160502_frt_swaybar.jpg

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Is there noticeably less 'stiction' with these than with the usual poly?

Noticeable change in handling balance?

Idly wondering if they'll work with a Strano front bar (claimed to be 35mm, but I never measured it). If it does, I might want it if/when I ever move that bar up to full firm.

Norm

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well look at that.

A nice upgrade for people to take advantage of their OEM front bar.

;)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Awesome!

Now how much will these things cost?

So how about a price?

I know a certain 2008 GT500 that could use some new front swaybar bushings

20160728_swaybar-bushing.jpg

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
So how about a price?

I know a certain 2008 GT500 that could use some new front swaybar bushings

20160728_swaybar-bushing.jpg

These will probably not be ready for a little bit. I also would not recommend them for a car that primarily sees street use. The delrin is way more prone to NVH than poly. I think you and your fiancee would probably appreciate a set of poly bushings vs the delrin.

If you want, I can set you up with some poly bushings and you can grab some delrin later for your auto-x days.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
These will probably not be ready for a little bit. I also would not recommend them for a car that primarily sees street use. The delrin is way more prone to NVH than poly. I think you and your fiancee would probably appreciate a set of poly bushings vs the delrin.

If you want, I can set you up with some poly bushings and you can grab some delrin later for your auto-x days.

Yes, please PM me some options in poly, with prices.

Thank you!

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score

Is that because it's a sway bar bushing? I have delrin bushings in my rear control arms and don't have any bad NVH from them. Only thing I notice is the gear whine because of the aluminum diff bushings. This is my 04 BTW.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that because it's a sway bar bushing? I have delrin bushings in my rear control arms and don't have any bad NVH from them. Only thing I notice is the gear whine because of the aluminum diff bushings. This is my 04 BTW.

Uh, you might want to rethink your choice of control arm bushings on that quadra-bind suspension you've got there. I've seen just poly bushings rip the arms out of the torque boxes, and they're more compliant than delrin. That suspension design actually requires slop to prevent binding when cornering.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Uh, you might want to rethink your choice of control arm bushings on that quadra-bind suspension you've got there. I've seen just poly bushings rip the arms out of the torque boxes, and they're more compliant than delrin. That suspension design actually requires slop to prevent binding when cornering.
99-04 Cobras have the IRS. I don't have a 4 link.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Are the pivots for each control arm truly concentric, or at least very close to being concentric? I can't tell from pictures that come up on a search.

Norm

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Are the pivots for each control arm truly concentric, or at least very close to being concentric? I can't tell from pictures that come up on a search.

Norm

Was that for me?

If so, then yes they are. One of the issues with the IRS is all the rubber bushings. Things move around a lot. Once the bushings are upgraded it's a whole different animal. IMO it's how they should have come from the factory.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Yes, it was.

Pivot axes on many (most?) of the newer multilink IRS designs aren't necessarily concentric/coaxial, and the links won't pivot completely freely with suspension movement if they aren't. Which is why I asked.

I'm familiar with triangulated 4-link stick axle geometry and the notion of providing/maintaining certain compliances in the bushings.

Norm

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know if the 99-04 counts as multilink to be honest. It doesn't have any supports running fore and aft. It just has the upper and lower control arms. Each control arm has two points where it connects to the cradle and then one point where they connect to the knuckle. Even with everything torqued to spec (240ft-lbs on the lower control arm) the arms will drop freely with the knuckle bolted on.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score

The actual NVH itself might not be as noticeable as you might think, but delrin can be a bit of a pain to maintain on a part that moves a bit. Once it dries out, it squeaks TERRIBLY and you have to be more diligent with greasing and maintenance. A daily driver will retain grease better and provide a better experience with a poly sway bar bushing vs delrin. These were not really designed with street cars in mind.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I don't know if the 99-04 counts as multilink to be honest. It doesn't have any supports running fore and aft. It just has the upper and lower control arms. Each control arm has two points where it connects to the cradle and then one point where they connect to the knuckle. Even with everything torqued to spec (240ft-lbs on the lower control arm) the arms will drop freely with the knuckle bolted on.
It doesn't count as a multilink. A multilink is a virtual approximation of two physical control arms, if that makes any sense.

But just because an IRS has two real arms instead of a collection of links filling in for those arms doesn't mean that the bushing axes on each real arm have to be collinear either. They could be skew, just that in the Cobra's case they apparently are collinear. That's the better kinematic solution, if for loadings on the bushings themselves an argument can be made for skew being better under some conditions.

Norm

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back