00f617e72c8af1c0a4aad8935bb59c6e.jpg

Inside view

Outside engine passenger side video

https://youtu.be/QuaKeym89lY

Front side video

https://youtu.be/-tlSDmau8N8

Might be from the thermo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to add something into conversation about the build up in the reservoir. Mine had the same build up or scaling. When i put in my new radiator i pulled the tank and scrubbed it out best i could before flushing and refilling.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Most likely just dirty coolant, especially if the oil looks good: if you drain the oil and water comes out first, THEN you're screwed! If there's no oil in the water, you likely just need a good coolant replacement.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Most likely just dirty coolant, especially if the oil looks good: if you drain the oil and water comes out first, THEN you're screwed! If there's no oil in the water, you likely just need a good coolant replacement.

Yeah I'll be changing my oil this week as well. Gonna do a proper flush/oil and filter change, then see if any sludge comes back. Damn thermostat housing is leaking again. Stupid piece of shit. Only lasted 15k miles. My last "flush" was just running water through the coolant resoveir to the thermo housing. Hoping this was just sludge that was in the engine bay.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea. Someone makes an aluminum thermostat housing I'd recommend looking it up and buying it

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea. Someone makes an aluminum thermostat housing I'd recommend looking it up and buying it

Money I can't spend right now unfortunately. I'll buy one when I swap, for now just gonna look for one out of a partout.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
When you swap what?

Engine, Trans, everything lol. Who knows, maybe i'll go coyote, maybe i'll go 4.6, or maybe a custom build. Just depends on how this next year goes. Only need my car to be working until this upcoming summer, plan on enlisting once I take care of a few things in the mean time.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
well the thermostat housing is v6 specific so a v8 swap would get rid of it

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
well the thermostat housing is v6 specific so a v8 swap would get rid of it

Oh. Well yeah in that case its not worth blowin 180 on it. I'll find a part out and get one cheap. I just need to be held over till I enlist, once that starts going I can think about an engine swap

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back