Vorshlag "Street Pro" = 9 seconds

El_Tortuga

forum member
Reaction score
Some answers....

1. 4 point belts are NOT ALLOWED with most track groups, and for good reason. Look at this.

4-point-belts-bad-idea-M.jpg

This is a popular internet car reviewer - who should know better. I see his videos using 4-points all the time. Even a blind tech marshal will fail this at almost any track event. In a crash that lap belt / buckle is going to ride up his chest, maybe just rip out his intestines, but he could slide underneath if its loose enough.

Ran the Schroth 4pt ASMs for a while, but no matter how tight you get the lap belt, the shoulder belts would tend to pull it up. Scary. I added the sub belts to upgrade to 6pt. Now I can crank the shoulder straps to my heart's content.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score

stevbd

forum member
Reaction score
Is there an Easy Button for better lateral support on a daily driver? For this particular car - which is very much my commuter and daily driver - anything that makes the car worse out in the real world is not an option. The seat has to recline, go up and down, keep the airbags, fold forward so kids can climb in the back, etc. It seems with a good race seat you'd want or need a good 5 point harness, which in turn requires a harness bar or roll bar, right?

It seems my solution is going to have to involve something like that G-Loc device and drawer liner, or rebuilding the stock seat, or both. Or maybe using a race seat with the stock seat belts? Has anyone used those TMI rebuild kits for the stock seats?

Thanks for the advice and input.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Is there an Easy Button for better lateral support on a daily driver? For this particular car - which is very much my commuter and daily driver - anything that makes the car worse out in the real world is not an option...

The easy button is to install the OEM Recaro seats, a removable harness bar, and a set of customized 6-point belts made specifically to work with the OEM seats.

This leaves a lot of safety on the table, but it will hold you in the seat and retain stock street usability.

El_Tortuga

forum member
Reaction score
The easy button is to install the OEM Recaro seats, a removable harness bar, and a set of customized 6-point belts made specifically to work with the OEM seats.

This leaves a lot of safety on the table, but it will hold you in the seat and retain stock street usability.

+1 for this. The Recaros a nice compromise for daily ease of ingress/egress and comfort, with fair bolstering. Works well with 6pt.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Too bad stock Recaros are made from unicorn mane.

Ironically I searched high and low for a Premium with leather Recaros since I was tracking the car. Then decided to stop tracking it.

stevbd

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly. Add it all up and this looks to be about a $4K solution, which is outside my budget for a better seat. Plus you lose seat heaters and electric adjustability. I guess this is an example of wanting affordable, easy, and quality, pick two.

Seems it shouldn't be this hard to get a decent seat in a mass produced affordable fun car.

stevbd

forum member
Reaction score
So I wanted to share an easy trick to be a lot more secure in the seat. Recline the seat a little, lock the seatbelt with a quick pull, and then move the seat up and forward again while keeping tension in the belt to get it nice and tight. I'm sure proper harnesses and race seats ultimately are better but this simple trick is free, easy, OEM, and surprisingly effective in my opinion.

noldevin

forum member
Reaction score
So I wanted to share an easy trick to be a lot more secure in the seat. Recline the seat a little, lock the seatbelt with a quick pull, and then move the seat up and forward again while keeping tension in the belt to get it nice and tight. I'm sure proper harnesses and race seats ultimately are better but this simple trick is free, easy, OEM, and surprisingly effective in my opinion.

I use this trick currently in my stock seats. It helps, but still leaves much to be desired.

Where can one purchase said custom harness?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back