Coyote Swap in 06 V6

06Coyote

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do a Coyote swap on an 06 V6.
I have a Coyote out of an 11GT
MT82 from a 15GT
8.8 from an 11GT

I'm going to use the Ford Racing Control pack and PBH coyote swap brackets.

I have searched around and asked Lito and PBH to see if I can use the V6 accessories with the PBH brackets but it has not been done. PBH has only tested with V8 accessories. Has anybody done the swap with V6 alternator, power steering and AC?

Will an 11-14GT driveshaft work with my swap?

I'm going to use an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator for the return to the fuel pump. Any recommendations for fuel pump to go with?

Has anyone done the swap with the V6 for a street car? I am intending to make my stock gauges work and have powering steering and AC. I have searched and found most people have done the swap with a 4.6 and one guy who did a V6 to coyote swap but it was a track car so no gauges, power steering or AC.

Any other pointers that will be helpful?

I'm planning to do the MMR head cooling mod. Not sure about upgrading the OPG at this point. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

the5

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do a Coyote swap on an 06 V6.
I have a Coyote out of an 11GT
MT82 from a 15GT
8.8 from an 11GT

I'm going to use the Ford Racing Control pack and PBH coyote swap brackets.

I have searched around and asked Lito and PBH to see if I can use the V6 accessories with the PBH brackets but it has not been done. PBH has only tested with V8 accessories. Has anybody done the swap with V6 alternator, power steering and AC?

Will an 11-14GT driveshaft work with my swap?

I'm going to use an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator for the return to the fuel pump. Any recommendations for fuel pump to go with?

Has anyone foe the swap with the V6 for a street car? I am intending to make my stick gauges work and have powering steering and AC. I have searched and found most people have done the swap with a 4.6 and one guy who did a V6 to coyote swap but it was a track car so no gauges, power steering or AC.

Any other pointers that will be helpful?

I'm planning to do the MMR head cooling mod. Not sure about upgrading the OPG at this point. Any suggestions?

I was the one who did it in a track car.

1. Accessories

- Power steering and AC I am 100% sure will not work, You will need V8 Power steering pump and lines and v8 Ac compressor and lines.

I use V8 Power steering and Lines in my car

- Alternator I am not sure about

2. Transmission

-I would try to find an 11-14 Trans as it will bolt right in, including driveshaft. With the 15 trans you will need to replace the shifter and I think it uses a different driveshaft flange.

3. Gauges
If you keep your Factory PCM you shoudl be able to keep most of your gauges, I know a couple people have gotten their gauges to work by just wiring the Coyotes can bus to the Stock cars can bus.

I personally would skip the Head mod and Get OPG instead.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the FRPP control pack. You can build your own for a lot less money. I would also recommend picking up the manual battery cable from Tasca if you don't already have it. Its cheap and it comes with a million useful plugs that will save you a TON of time. You can also save some money on the fuel system by using a C5 Corvette fuel filter. Built in 58 PSI regulator, which is about perfect for a Coyote. I did that with a Walbro 255.

You could always do a Coyote alternator and just do an EPAS swap too instead of buying a 4.6 alternator and PS pump, it may only end up being a couple bucks more.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129249

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Is there any information on how to do this? (If it's in AnotherS197GT's thread you posted, I didn't look through all the pages in there.)

Yeah, it's in there. I basically bought a 2012 PCM, throttle pedal/plug, O2 sensors, O2 sensor pig tails, robbed the MAF pigtail from my 3V harness (along with tons of wiring and pins lol) and cobbled it together. I probably spent $500-600 on my "control pack".

06Coyote

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips. Can I just use a coyote alternator and ac and epas and use the stock mounting locations without using the PBH brackets?

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips. Can I just use a coyote alternator and ac and epas and use the stock mounting locations without using the PBH brackets?

Yes, but the Coyote AC system is different from the 3V. The line locations and pressure switches are different, so it may be easier to reuse the stock AC compressor and use the PBH AC bracket. I just did an EPAS swap this weekend on my car with a Boss 302 alternator kit.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2361831&postcount=188
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2361846&postcount=189

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2362386&postcount=191

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back