Steeda's New S197 Jacking Rails - Now Available (Bolt-in Design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stpete

Reaction score
I used the rails to put the car up and down a couple times this weekend and they work great. They are long enough that you can easily adjust the balance on the jack to make the front or rear a little higher than the other. I put the rear jackstands under the axle, but I'll probably work out a way to put a jackstand under the rear jack point.

stpete

Reaction score
I like this idea, but they really don't go back far enough.

While I would prefer to have them go further back for a rear jack stand, they are more than sufficient for jacking the whole side of the car. It's waaaay better than without them. You can jack the side of the car up and throw a stand under the front of the rail and another on the rear axle then move on to the other side. I will never put the jackstands where it shows on the yellow car in the pic earlier in the thread. But, if you put the jack on the back of the rail, the car does go up ass high. So they are beyond the balance point. Neutral balance point is a little behind the mirrors.
I'm not sure how far back the weld on versions go, but I imagine you could make your own out of square tubing also that would go wherever you want them to go. That was actually my plan before I saw these.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While I would prefer to have them go further back for a rear jack stand, they are more than sufficient for jacking the whole side of the car. It's waaaay better than without them. You can jack the side of the car up and throw a stand under the front of the rail and another on the rear axle then move on to the other side. I will never put the jackstands where it shows on the yellow car in the pic earlier in the thread. But, if you put the jack on the back of the rail, the car does go up ass high. So they are beyond the balance point. Neutral balance point is a little behind the mirrors.
I'm not sure how far back the weld on versions go, but I imagine you could make your own out of square tubing also that would go wherever you want them to go. That was actually my plan before I saw these.

Bottom picture in post #12 the BMR weld on connectors attach at the LCA.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Bump for a great product that needs to be refreshed in this thread :)

TJ

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I was concerned about these not going far enough back, but honestly this has proved to be an issue for me. they work perfectly, and after lowering the car . I have much better access where I need it. A great product, at a great price.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I was concerned about these not going far enough back, but honestly this has proved to be an issue for me. they work perfectly, and after lowering the car . I have much better access where I need it. A great product, at a great price.

Yes, going further back means added weight & the car can be jacked up in the middle without issue - thanks for the feedback!

TJ

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Used mine today to jack the car up, and they worked great.
One jacking point on each side, 2 jack stands per side of course, car sitting nice and level.

20170608_rails1.jpg

20170608_rails2.jpg

20170608_rails3a.jpg

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
How high can you lift from the middle of the car using these rails?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How high can you lift from the middle of the car using these rails?

It depends on the lifting device (the jack) you're using.

They are rectangular, flat bottom, so if your jack has a pad that stays flat as it lifts, you can lift it till you max out your jack.
If I have to lift the car beyond the standard capacity of the jack, I lift it as much as it normally can, set it on jack stands, then add some pieces of 2x4 wood to the jack pad and lift the car higher, then reset the jack stands to the higher setting.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
It depends on the lifting device (the jack) you're using.

They are rectangular, flat bottom, so if your jack has a pad that stays flat as it lifts, you can lift it till you max out your jack.

If I have to lift the car beyond the standard capacity of the jack, I lift it as much as it normally can, set it on jack stands, then add some pieces of 2x4 wood to the jack pad and lift the car higher, then reset the jack stands to the higher setting.

Reason I was asking was because if you're jacking from the middle/side of the car, the rear axle compresses one side of the rear spring and would seem dangerous.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Reason I was asking was because if you're jacking from the middle/side of the car, the rear axle compresses one side of the rear spring and would seem dangerous.

So WTF does that have to do with the jacking rails?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
so, the spring is compressing taking weight, like its designed to do?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
As the car starts lifting, both side wheels come off the ground, the rear will only hang so much since the shock limits its travel. That spring extends, the other side compresses. They have nowhere to go since the compressed spring is in its pocket, and the extended spring doesn't have enough room to leave its pocket since the axle doesn't droop enough for that.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
As the car starts lifting, both side wheels come off the ground, the rear will only hang so much since the shock limits its travel. That spring extends, the other side compresses. They have nowhere to go since the compressed spring is in its pocket, and the extended spring doesn't have enough room to leave its pocket since the axle doesn't droop enough for that.

Thanks! Got what I needed to know.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone else have these installed? We have sold many units ... would love to hear more feedback!

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Used mine today to jack the car up, and they worked great.
One jacking point on each side, 2 jack stands per side of course, car sitting nice and level.

20170608_rails1.jpg

20170608_rails2.jpg

20170608_rails3a.jpg

Hey Gabe, how difficult was the install on these? I tried Youtube but the only thing I can find is 15 and up Mustang installs. What tools did you need besides wrench/socket and jack/jack stands obviously? Thanks in advance

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what I am seeing says to me that "jacking rails" is the new code word for bolt in subframe connectors. Because that is exactly what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back