CMDP DIY

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
I'm working on mine now. I'm using quik steel. I drilled holes so when I put the quik steel in the main shaft hole. It pushes out of the holes I drilled. That makes a tab that will keep the plug in the shaft hole. I will try to take pictures of it.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
100_0357.jpg

This is the end hole, on the outside where the quik steel pushed out of the hole that I drilled. I smoothed it out to make a tab.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
I drilled holes so when I put the quik steel in the main shaft hole. It pushes out of the holes I drilled. That makes a tab that will keep the plug in the shaft hole.

What an excellent idea! I'll do the same. Thanks for sharing Styre! :thumb2:

Gerardo

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
i used quick steel also... worked great. also remember that u need a fresh tube cause if it has hard pieces in it when you start throw it away or exchange it cause it will crumble when it dries... i know this first hand lol

captainN8

forum member
Reaction score
View attachment 11129

This is the end hole, on the outside where the quik steel pushed out of the hole that I drilled. I smoothed it out to make a tab.

What would be better on a 2009-2010 intake? The Steeda plugs or just taking the whole mechanism out? or would that leave the holes? I have heard of issues with the Steeda plugs, seems like it would be better just to take the whole thing out if that's possible. Sorry, nube ? I know. :thanks1:

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
What would be better on a 2009-2010 intake? The Steeda plugs or just taking the whole mechanism out? or would that leave the holes? I have heard of issues with the Steeda plugs, seems like it would be better just to take the whole thing out if that's possible. Sorry, nube ? I know. :thanks1:

I'm not sure what is better. I think I would go with the plugs

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you cant take the mechanism out on the 09-10. its part of the manifold

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
yhst-14752229404082_2088_19001708

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Going on 6 months without issue with DIY.

Thanks for sharing Black! I'm still on the fence here. I guess they could be installed and checked every 6 months for the first couple of years. Yeah I know, what a pain...

Has anyone made it past a year?

Gerardo

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
yup . put mine on this weekend , car runs great

bought from a member on here that charged me 120
look before you leap

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
yup . put mine on this weekend , car runs great

bought from a member on here that charged me 120
look before you leap

There's a company on eBay that is selling the Saleen ones (brand new) for $101.xx shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SALEEN-MUSTANG-4-6-Intake-Runner-Delete-Spacers-Plates_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19baf7411dQQitemZ110510948637QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Just thought I'd share. I finally decided to pay for piece of mind. :thumb:

Gerardo

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back