How to swap a 5.4 into your mustang.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You need to get those 4v heads on there and do a DIY.

Was working on it. Tanner was pulling some strings to see if a stock 3V ecu can have a strategy written, but the 3V heads flow amazingly well with a little port work. Now some ported C heads would be nice but we will see.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Did this ever happen? I never saw a single pic? Not calling anyone out. Just wanting to know if there's a thread I can pick up the "conclusion" to this one.

Oh, yeah, I realize it's been years. Still wanting to know.
Thanks,

Gerardo

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Did this ever happen? I never saw a single pic? Not calling anyone out. Just wanting to know if there's a thread I can pick up the "conclusion" to this one.

Oh, yeah, I realize it's been years. Still wanting to know.
Thanks,

Gerardo

What part of the build are you asking about,

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I am almost done writing a v6 to 5.4 DOHC DIY with pics if that helps anyone. I have the car finished and running.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am almost done writing a v6 to 5.4 DOHC DIY with pics if that helps anyone. I have the car finished and running.

I would suggest posting under a new thread title. Soon. :)

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I will. I just need time to put pics in and get all the details together AGAIN. I had a thread from start to finish on the collective, but the site just shut down as an "attack" site or something. I am assuming all my info/pics are lost.

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
Quote "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR Y'ALL FUCKING YOUR SHIT UP" LOL

Such a great first sentence. Nice write up bro.

I'm considering a 5.0 Coyote motor in my 2007 GT. But everyone keeps telling me is not worth it.

2BlownStangs

forum member
Reaction score
Quote "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR Y'ALL FUCKING YOUR SHIT UP" LOL

Such a great first sentence. Nice write up bro.

I'm considering a 5.0 Coyote motor in my 2007 GT. But everyone keeps telling me is not worth it.

I guess it depends on what "worth it" really means.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing works without modification. I didn't do it this way, but others have used the 4.6 3V stuff by welding the second cam sensor on the 5.4 DOHC timing cover, lengthened wires and the rest is in the tune. The 5.4 3V is more of a plug-and-play if that is more your interest.

VolDead08

Mustang Addict
Reaction score
Nothing works without modification. I didn't do it this way, but others have used the 4.6 3V stuff by welding the second cam sensor on the 5.4 DOHC timing cover, lengthened wires and the rest is in the tune. The 5.4 3V is more of a plug-and-play if that is more your interest.
How hard was it to use the GT500 wiring harness? I understand you'd have to get retuned but was everything plug and play with the 5.4L 4V?

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/index_no_mobile_detect.htm Coyote intake for any 5.4 4v heads. Just thought I would post this here

Thanks for the link! Will keep this in mind if my swap ever comes around.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back