2nd Annual 5.0 Shootout date!!!!!!

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Lol, I was there when he said I want the smaller pulley. That's funny. Awesome car for sure.

Those Michigan guys were crazy, and they sure did come to play!! LOL they were trying to get me to Boost up, I'm like hell NO!! ... I have 2 months left of racing to do..

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
Despite some stupid tire rub preventing me from making a clean pass, I had a great time! The cars in attendance made for the best car show you could ask for! I will post up from my photobucket account after work.

Steve@CJPonyParts

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch to Adam@Revolution for putting this on! It is not easy work to run an event like this. Hopefully we'll have more and more cars come out each year to support it.

Thanks to the JPC crew for helping out in prepartion for the event and the track support the day of, couldn't have done it without you guys!

We also appreciate the JPC customers coming out to support JPC and showing what our cars can do!

That 2013 who smoked his stock engine, was making 800rwhp through an auto when it left the shop prior to the event, and had many, many, passes at that power level. He insisted we put a 1/4" smaller pulley on before eliminations to keep up with the fully built engine car of EVO, who was only a tenth faster. We told him it would be making in the upper 800rwhp range and she'll either "go or blow". Well, we saw what happened. LOL He was well aware of what could and would happen and is getting a built engine installed as we speak. 9.61@144 @3770lbs, not too shabby.

All in all, it was a great time and we can't wait till next year!
lol I was talking to the boys after it blew and the driver was on the phone with one of his boys back home having the built motor pulled out and ready to go when they got back. :popcorn: waiting to see more from them in the future.

Those Michigan guys were crazy, and they sure did come to play!! LOL they were trying to get me to Boost up, I'm like hell NO!! ... I have 2 months left of racing to do..
lol we go big, it's in our dna. :party:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch to Adam@Revolution for putting this on! It is not easy work to run an event like this. Hopefully we'll have more and more cars come out each year to support it.

Thanks to the JPC crew for helping out in prepartion for the event and the track support the day of, couldn't have done it without you guys!

We also appreciate the JPC customers coming out to support JPC and showing what our cars can do!

That 2013 who smoked his stock engine, was making 800rwhp through an auto when it left the shop prior to the event, and had many, many, passes at that power level. He insisted we put a 1/4" smaller pulley on before eliminations to keep up with the fully built engine car of EVO, who was only a tenth faster. We told him it would be making in the upper 800rwhp range and she'll either "go or blow". Well, we saw what happened. LOL He was well aware of what could and would happen and is getting a built engine installed as we speak. 9.61@144 @3770lbs, not too shabby.

All in all, it was a great time and we can't wait till next year!

It's good that guys are pushing the limits, only way to know them is to go a bit past them. Expensive process for the leaders, but it gives the rest of us good data and experience.

It is a very long way away, but at the end of the season, so hopefully next year I can make it out for this one. Would be awesome if it was done somewhere closer to the middle of the country to be able to pull more cars.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wish we could have made it.

We'll have to accept NMRA next weekend.

JB, good driving sir.

DOHC_GTS

AKA RACER_X
Reaction score
I had a great time just running T-N-T. Managed a personal best before smoking the clutch. New clutch is on the way. Adam at Rev found a few issues with the car so there is a little more in it. I went home with my 1st 10 sec time slip so I was happy.

On behalf of Rev Auto. Thanks to everybody that came to race and spectate. Hopefully this event can continue to grow.

Last edited:

Ghost

Reaction score
I see you guys talkin about the car blowin up I really wanted to see the limit on the car Justin and Kevin siad dont do it but hey, it was only one car faster and I like to win so I turned up. I still won on that pass it blew up on it went 9.90 wit a 1.69 60ft. Rod went threw block parts was sittin in the oil pan. I had a good time wit everybody there, the built motor is in the car now it will not have heads or cams and I will lookin to compete in up coming events. I just have to get back down to JPC to see the wizard.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
I see you guys talkin about the car blowin up I really wanted to see the limit on the car Justin and Kevin siad dont do it but hey, it was only one car faster and I like to win so I turned up. I still won on that pass it blew up on it went 9.90 wit a 1.69 60ft. Rod went threw block parts was sittin in the oil pan. I had a good time wit everybody there, the built motor is in the car now it will not have heads or cams and I will lookin to compete in up coming events. I just have to get back down to JPC to see the wizard.

You guys are nuts, but it was an awesome win...LOL.. Great meeting your posse at MIR.. you put in the new motor yet?

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score

Can't wait to get it back down here to turn it up!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back