Congrats Lethal/Lund Racing!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
100+ psi....?

Yep. You do a Google search, there are a lot of Cummins diesels that people have put that much psi into, used for competition mostly. However, there are people trying it out on different motors, but, as mentioned above, they are having to go through extensive measures to make it work. Obviously, not practical for a regular car.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Yep. You do a Google search, there are a lot of Cummins diesels that people have put that much psi into, used for competition mostly. However, there are people trying it out on different motors, but, as mentioned above, they are having to go through extensive measures to make it work. Obviously, not practical for a regular car.

Not "hard" to run that much on a competition prepped diesel by any means. Hell, my Boss' 6.4 runs 53ish pounds and it's not even that crazy. We did a twin turbo build on a 5.9 Cummins a couple months ago and he finally made it over to the dyno. Laid down over 900 whp and 1700 tq.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
No, EFR 7163.

Looks like they might need another upgrade soon. Looking at the specs of that turbo looks like max flow is 60 lbs/min. Using old school math you would multiply that by 10 to get a HP figure.

Quote from Garrett turbos...

"What is my mass flow rate? As a very general rule, turbocharged gasoline engines will generate 9.5-10.5 horsepower (as measured at the flywheel) for each lb/min of airflow. So, an engine with a target peak horsepower of 400 Hp will require 36-44 lb/min of airflow to achieve that target. This is just a rough first approximation to help narrow the turbo selection options."

Was the turbo maxed out? If we use the 10.5 multiplier we actually get pretty close (60 x 10.5 = 630HP or 535WHP). If the turbo is maxed out they could get a bigger one and run a little less boost and make the same power if not more.

This is great though to see such power from the new ecoboost engine!!! Anybody have a complete mod list for this car?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like they might need another upgrade soon. Looking at the specs of that turbo looks like max flow is 60 lbs/min. Using old school math you would multiply that by 10 to get a HP figure.

Quote from Garrett turbos...

"What is my mass flow rate? As a very general rule, turbocharged gasoline engines will generate 9.5-10.5 horsepower (as measured at the flywheel) for each lb/min of airflow. So, an engine with a target peak horsepower of 400 Hp will require 36-44 lb/min of airflow to achieve that target. This is just a rough first approximation to help narrow the turbo selection options."

Was the turbo maxed out? If we use the 10.5 multiplier we actually get pretty close (60 x 10.5 = 630HP or 535WHP). If the turbo is maxed out they could get a bigger one and run a little less boost and make the same power if not more.

This is great though to see such power from the new ecoboost engine!!! Anybody have a complete mod list for this car?
Here ya go.

Lethal Performance Turbo Kit 7163EFR turbo from Borg Warner
Lethal Performance Intercooler Upgrade kit
Lethal 3" Offroad downpipe with electronic cutout
Lethal Aux fuel system with additional 465lph pump, Micro squirt controller, CP-E secondary fuel rail and 4 additional 13-14 GT500 fuel injectors
Barton Shifter
DSS carbon fiber driveshaft
DSS 800hp Halfshafts
Viking Performance Crusader Shocks
BMR
BMR 2015 MUSTANG CRADLE BUSHING LOCKOUT KIT
BMR Driveshaft Loop
BMR 2015 MUSTANG DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE REAR TOE RODS (RED)
BMR 2015 MUSTANG BILLET ALUMINUM VERTICAL LINKS
BMR Bushing Kit, Differential Lockout
Racestar Wheels
Lund Racing Custom Tune on a LR nGauge
N2MB Wot Box
Anchor Room Tint Kit
Diode Dynamics Switchbacks and LED Conversion Kit
50psi Map sensor

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jared!

BW EFR is the only turbo I would use if I were to upgrade :)

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Here ya go.

Lethal Performance Turbo Kit 7163EFR turbo from Borg Warner
Lethal Performance Intercooler Upgrade kit
Lethal 3" Offroad downpipe with electronic cutout
Lethal Aux fuel system with additional 465lph pump, Micro squirt controller, CP-E secondary fuel rail and 4 additional 13-14 GT500 fuel injectors
Barton Shifter
DSS carbon fiber driveshaft
DSS 800hp Halfshafts
Viking Performance Crusader Shocks
BMR
BMR 2015 MUSTANG CRADLE BUSHING LOCKOUT KIT
BMR Driveshaft Loop
BMR 2015 MUSTANG DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE REAR TOE RODS (RED)
BMR 2015 MUSTANG BILLET ALUMINUM VERTICAL LINKS
BMR Bushing Kit, Differential Lockout
Racestar Wheels
Lund Racing Custom Tune on a LR nGauge
N2MB Wot Box
Anchor Room Tint Kit
Diode Dynamics Switchbacks and LED Conversion Kit
50psi Map sensor

Nice, using a microsquirt as a piggy back I'm assuming. The mega/micro squirt is some pretty cool stuff. I'm thinking you might have been able to use the microsquirt to take on the duty of the WOTBOX. Probably would have been a little more involved though.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I can't help but think that would've been a low-mid 10 second pass with a stalled auto, or similar times that the car ran with a "pump-gas-friendly" amount of boost. Then again with direct injection, detonation can't occur if there's no fuel charge to even ignite, so who knows how much timing/boost a person could get away with on one of these!!

Last edited:

stanger1944

forum member
Reaction score
How do you increase boost on these? Is this the same engine to be used in the upcoming Ranger? I am in the market for a Ranger possibly. So looking here to learn about the 2.3.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Turning the volumizer knob all the way to the right on the kalutschner valve is a great start. After that, drive the car around averaging 47 mph for 82 minutes and the car will gradually add 82 HP if otherwise stock. More of other mods already added.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
spinal-tap-goes-to-11.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back