Hired!

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Lito,

Everyone I've talked to swears by you. I have yet to hear one negative thing. With that said, if you'd like a new customer...I'd like to hire you to take care of my tuning needs.

You're a bit lucky as I'm still building my motor. Although I have final say what gets done, I'm going to rely HEAVILY on your suggestions. I've not yet done anything regarding cams, heads or fuel system. Let me give you a rundown of what I have and what I want it to do.

BOSS 5.0 Iron Block
Kellogg Crank
Oliver Rods
Diamond 10:1 Pistons
ARP Fasteners
GT500 Oil Pump w/TSS Billet Gears
FRPP Lifter/Follower Kit
Phasers w/Lockouts installed
ID1000 Injectors
Whipple 2.3 w/Dual Belt Setup
SCJ Throttle Body
Kook's LT Headers w/OR H-Pipe

Trans is 3650 and I'll be installing McLeod RST Clutch & Flywheel.

I want to run E85 and have the ability to run pump fuel if I can't find E85.

I have a race engine builder that's wanting to do my head work...but I'm not sure what all needs to be done to the heads. Larger valves, bronze guides, heavier springs, unshrouding the valves and of course porting/polishing. After he finishes he wants to put the heads on a flow bench and order a custom cam using those numbers. What are your thoughts on this? Am I missing anything? Is that too much work/money for any gains I'll see?

With the head work & custom cams, if I can't get 800 to the rear wheel...I see no need in going that extreme. The previous owner of the Whipple was getting 725 at the wheel on stock heads and E85...and he said his cam were mediocre.

The input I need from you right now would be on my heads/cams. If I'm going to have him do the work, I need to get them to him ASAP.

What's your thoughts?

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He's on vacation, drop a PM on him also.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think the 3650 will probably last about 3 weeks with that setup. I see a T56 Magnum in your future, so don't spend all your money on the motor!

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, spend it all on the motor and then spend some more on the T56! :stir:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! Getting back finally home tonight, internet access was pretty bad where I was so quite backed up with remote stuff, will get up to speed tomorrow and get back to you here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, on FI, heads and cams are not as important as in an NA combo, you can make good power with stockers as you are pushing the air thru, usually, is cheaper and almost as effective to just up the boost a couple of psi and make the same power as all that work would render, probably (taking temps, octane and all other considerations aside for a moment). Now, that is not completely your case because your FI is not too big and quite limited, this 2.3L gets maxed quite fast so, in a way you are a similar position of an NA car, wanting to max your config with a limited FI source.

Obviously, the head work and a cam will help, having a bigger bore, bigger valves work (better than with standard 3.552 bores) and a custom cam will be the better option (which wont be much much more expensive than a comp version which is not so ideal for your PD).

So at the end is what you decide to do, help? yes, but it is quite some money.

On the gearbox, if you launch it and doesnt have an upgraded billett inout shaft, it would quite probably kaput, if you power shift 1-2, it will kaput, if you treat it light, it will hold.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Lito,
Getting ready to order my fuel system.
Going with a FORE setup.
Before I order, I need to know one thing from my tuner.

Where will you want me to install the regulator?
BEFORE or AFTER the rails?

Not sure why this matters when ordering the setup, but FORE asks the question.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are many ways to route the setup, I went with essentially a stage 2 kit with regulator after rails.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i take it youre going with a return style system. if you are, you will want the regulator after the rails on the return line. its easier to control pressure behind a regulator than in front of it.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Lito,
Getting ready to order my fuel system.
Going with a FORE setup.
Before I order, I need to know one thing from my tuner.

Where will you want me to install the regulator?
BEFORE or AFTER the rails?

Not sure why this matters when ordering the setup, but FORE asks the question.

It depends on use, both ways work and have its own pros and cons.

If mostly street driven, with traffic and all, pre.

All out race, post.

Planning on switching pumps with boost?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back