A crib I built

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I built a crib for my daughter who is due in January. Wow, it's weird to say "my daughter."

I bought the lumber in the rough around February, started building in April, and finally finished last week.

It's a convertible crib, the end has a replacement piece that will turn it into a toddler bed, then when it's time there are full sized bed rails to turn it into a full sized bed.

This is by far my most satisfying and most challenging build to date.

ZrINU2N.jpg

xPntUpN.jpg

b5THlZC.jpg

b4kNLc9.jpg

BcXCfxn.jpg

c0vDnQa.jpg

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome, you're clearly very talented. Congrats on the impending birth of your daughter!

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Got Skills!! Nice job! That is definitely NOT an IKEA piece.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Very nice. That's a piece of furniture that will be passed down long after you are gone. Am I seeing walnut? I can't quite get a grasp on the wood but every now and then I see something that resembles walnut.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! What kind of machines do you have?

Basically all of the basics, and they were all used for this. Table saw, jointer, planer, drill press, band saw, router table, compound miter saw, and various hand tools.

Very nice. That's a piece of furniture that will be passed down long after you are gone. Am I seeing walnut? I can't quite get a grasp on the wood but every now and then I see something that resembles walnut.

Got it. All walnut.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have one bay of my garage set up for woodworking but I have to share it with the lawn tools. Here are a couple shots of mine, with the mowers outside.

The table saw/router table combo stays where it is but I move all the other machines around as needed.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I love that shop setup. VERY clean.

If/when we sell our current house and buy another, I would LOVE a two car sized detached shop. Right now I'm in the basement, which is decent size but keeping the dust away from the furnace and noise are both issues, even more so with the baby coming.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah basement wood shops are hard to deal with. Between the dust and the noise, it really makes it difficult to work. Mine usually doesn't look that clean, I had just cleaned it up when I took those pics.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back