2008 Premium GT California Special Built Motor GT500 Trans + more. $13,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Purchased new in 2008. Passed Washington state emissions in current configuration.

$13,500 firm price. I looked at KBB, NADA, and local ads and came up with this price for a stock car. This car is modified.

69,000 miles. 25,000 on the motor.

Motor is built on a Ford Racing Big Bore Boss block. It has a 3.750" stroke Kellogg crank, Manley H beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts, Diamond pistons, FRPP cnc ported heads, Comp 26113 valve springs, Comp custom grind cam that's similar to 127500 cams, FRPP intake manifold and CAI, JBA equal length shortie headers, and more.

Motor displaces 322 cubic inches.

Transmission came from a 2008 GT500. It's a TR-6060 6 speed.

The rear end has a truetrac with 4:10 gears and an axle brace.

Control arms are all aftermarket as are the motor mounts.

Stock 18" Bullitt wheels with Nitto 555 tires. 255/45/18 front and 265/50/18 rear.

Comes with a wideband, plx, and vacuum/boost gauges. The interior is leather, dual power seats, factory gauge package, seats are heated.

It's the premium package with dual power and heated seats as the options.

Car runs and drives great. It has been used as a daily driver for about 20,000 of the 25,000 miles on the motor. Daily driver means it was driven in cold weather, warm weather, urban and city day in day out for over two years.

The most this motor made n/a was 437rwhp. This was with long tube headers, high flow cats, and a JLT cai. Those are the only differences between what is on the car now.

With a M122 blower DOB kit at 7-8 psi and stock cats it made 587rwhp. That was the biggest pulley available and there was a whole lot more power available with a smaller pulley.

It's in the condition you would expect for a car that was daily driven to and from work for a few years. There are dings and scratches but nothing very serious.

It's a nice car that still gets compliments when I take it out.

The airbag recall has not been done.

It was built as 49 state legal for emissions so I don't think it's possible to register in California.

Please pm any questions.

Edit: Car is located 30 miles north of Seattle.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
For those who were wondering about the wires in the foot wells: The passenger side is the fire wire used for data logging air/fuel ratio with a SCT tuner. The driver side is the remote control for the plx gauge. It controls what is displayed on the plx gauge. All of the obd2 parameters can be shown along with custom inputs.

I have title in hand, it's been paid off for quite awhile.

I have quite a few Mustang parts in the garage. Stock exhaust manifolds, throttle bodies, stock intake with cmdp, stock injectors, stock and Saleen cai, a/c compressor, head bolts, GT500 flywheel and clutch, stock cams, etc.

Any parts that are still here at the time of sale (no promises any of it will still be here because I want to get rid of all the Mustang parts and they are subject to prior sale) will be offered to the buyer at no charge. Basically take what you want when you pick up the car.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Is the car set up to run on pump gasoline? How high can it rev to on the current settings?

It is running 92 octane pump gas. It also comes with a tune (and the tuner) for E85 and E70. I can add tunes for E35, E50 etc.

I try not to rev over 7k but it has gone as high as 7400 rpm without issue.

I personally think that keeping the rpms below 6500 rpm is best for longevitiy and reduced wear. It's not like I take it up to 7400 rpm with every shift. It's only been a few times. 7k on the other hand is no issue but it's not held there, just taken up to to it and shifted.

Most of the time I drive like the old man that I am. The very high rpms are usually during data logging or dyno testing.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
For an fyi I have run pump gas with a supercharger. There were no issues but I kept the spark advance reasonable and the boost was only 7-8psi.

For those wondering about all of the pump gas questions it's because this motor has a calculated 12:1 compression. This is why 322 cubic inches on E85 made 437rwhp. I would imagine it would of been about 20 or so higher with an epas like the 5.0 has.

It's been mostly run on pump gas. The car is as reliable as anything I've ever had. The two years of using it as a daily driver were mostly with 92 pump gas. There has never been an issue.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Photobucket has hijacked my photos until I pay them a subscription. I'm working on changing the links to a web host I already pay for but in the mean time please let me know if you would like any pics or other info. I still have the pics on another media and can email them.

The car is awesome BTW.

Thanks,
Bruce

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Trying to upload pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    394.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2841.JPG
    IMG_2841.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2831.JPG
    IMG_2831.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back