Sub 4.0 second 0-60 for 2018 GT 10 speed

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It probably is a bargain, but when you start talking about $35K+ for what is a toy or second car for pretty much all the guys that want them you start reaching a point where a fair number of people can't afford them in addition to other things that are competing for their money.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^ Hmmm...about the toy car comment...not sure if serious. Everyone one of my Mustang's, including my wife's, has been a daily driver. And most of the local Mustang guys also use their cars for DD duties.

Either way, I still think the Mustang is the performance bargain of anything out there right now. That's why you see a ton of them on the streets. But once you get to the premium model and start adding options, the price gets well above $40K pretty easily.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where I live Mustangs are not daily driven year round but only by a handful of people. They are second cars that see 2.5-3 season duty (May-October). Rarely see a Mustang and even less often a GT in the winter here.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I see you are from up north. I understand your comment now.

Yeah, down here in the south, we really don't have to worry about harsh winters, so it's Stang time year 'round! :biggrin:

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
+1! I love my manual, but the older I get, and the better these autos are getting, I am definitely coming around to the thought of just two pedals instead of three.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about this and the fact that it comes with paddle shifters almost alleviated my internal shame of actually considering and automatic!

And then I read something about there being a "Level 2" performance/track package (to compete with the 1LE option for the Camaro SS) that is only available for the 6-speed manual. The only thing confirmed so far is both front and rear wheels are 0.5" wider with the Level 2 selection.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Hmmm...about the toy car comment...not sure if serious. Everyone one of my Mustang's, including my wife's, has been a daily driver. And most of the local Mustang guys also use their cars for DD duties.

Either way, I still think the Mustang is the performance bargain of anything out there right now. That's why you see a ton of them on the streets. But once you get to the premium model and start adding options, the price gets well above $40K pretty easily.

I'm seriously considering a 2018 GT and i'm lucky if I put 1500 miles a year on my personal cars. I currently have a 16 Scat Pack and have 2900 miles on it since I bought it 2 years ago. so it does happen, I traded my 13 GHIG GT in with just at 10,000 miles at the 3 year mark.

I have been waiting for Ford to step it up before buying a S550 Mustang and i'm hoping this new one is impressive, the 6th gen Camaro guys have been getting a bit too cocky.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does the drag race mode void the warranty?

Only if something breaks when you use it. LOL!!

Seriously though, I bet it's for "off road use" only. And if you use it on the street the warranty doesn't cover it. And if you are on a race track, the warranty doesn't cover the car.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
There was no better time in my life than when I drove my '08 year round. I would like to get a GT350 winter beater in a few years. Only problem is I'll need 19" winter tyres...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
There was no better time in my life than when I drove my '08 year round. I would like to get a GT350 winter beater in a few years. Only problem is I'll need 19" winter tyres...

Studded winter tires..and chains.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Studded snow tires...and chains...and 0W-20....and a solar powered block heater.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
my wife's car runs on 10w40 year round. VW 5 cyl. Just have synth. I haven't plugged a vehicle in in years. Thanks to our throwaway culture destroying the earth It's not even cold in the winter any more!!

inglimer

forum member
Reaction score
Any ideas on whether the Active Exhaust option is worth anything power wise, or does it just sound better?

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
Before purchasing my 08 and started the modding process I considered a newer model 11-16 at the time.

The power from these coyote cars is impressive BUT, I cannot get past the looks of them, the 10-14 back end is hideous imo and I just dont get it,the 13-14 has a nice looking front end and is the year I somewhat considered but that tail ?!.

The 15+ just doesn't do it at all for me, I hate the look and it hasn't grown on me yet but I DO like the performance from them and the 11-14.

I think the Challenger is a sharp looking car but I won't buy a Dodge/Chrysler product.

I wish they would come back with the Torino, I have seen a few concepts of them but until the Mustang changes shape/look I won't buy 1, The new edge and 05-09 are my favorite body styles.

I have tried to LIKE the 15+ Mustangs but I just don't like the look of them and won't spend coin on a car I think is Fugly just for a performance gain.

Hence my 08 build.

To each his own and I enjoy seeing guys/gals building any form of American Muscle Cars.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

I wish they would come back with the Torino, I have seen a few concepts of them ...

Lol ... the only Torino "concepts" have been photoshops made by troll websites and posted on Facebook and other places, as clickbait.
Ford never had a Torino concept.
As a matter of fact, I think it's time for that "2019 Torino" to resurface again, I'm sure I'll see a post about it again within a week or two.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up picking up a 2018 A10 equipped GT with performance pack. i'm not totally thrilled with the A10 when just putzing around town in D mode but when the shifter is in S mode this A10 is fabulous. cant wait for it to get warm enough to really put my foot into it.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
what was the price otd if you dont mind. I have a few issues.. 1) the price is crazy now. My 05 GT was 25-26K otd. The cost now days are right up there with the corvettes 2) Still also have an issues with the looks. I'm still not into the front of the damn car. the back is nice but ahhhh.. Now the gt500 will come out. Good luck trying to get that at MSRP or less.. =-/

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back