Data logging with a wide band

Reaction score
I'm trying to Data log with my installed Innovate XD16 (LC1)
The gauge reading does not match the data log comp readings, it appears the Multiplier is not correct? any of you know what the conversion should be for the LC1? Live Link 6.2 multiplier is (v*3)+7.35 and it reads way rich when data logging.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Lito has me log in Lambda and his equation is 0.068023*(7.35+v*3.008). So when I look at the log all I have to do is multiply what it shows by the stoich of the fuel I'm running to give me the AFR number. I have the LC-1 with the XD16 gauge as well.

EDIT: Have you done a free air calibration recently?

Last edited:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to Data log with my installed Innovate XD16 (LC1)
The gauge reading does not match the data log comp readings, it appears the Multiplier is not correct? any of you know what the conversion should be for the LC1? Live Link 6.2 multiplier is (v*3)+7.35 and it reads way rich when data logging.

Use the formula that James (Dysan) put up. Then multiply what u get by 14.7 and that will be ur A/F.

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Dyson, no I haven't done a free air calibration sense the initial calibration, but it's only has about 500 miles or so on the car sense I put the gauge in, I might as well do one just to make sure...

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the manual for the LC-1 and it's suggestion is the initial calibration, then once again at 3 months after installation and then at 10,000 miles with power adder or 20,000 miles if N/A daily driver.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
You have to measure the ground loop and add that into your equation if you want correct datalogs. There's a good thread on the exact process over on the Innovate forums. If I remember correctly, the guy who originally posted the thread was PontiacSteve, or something like that.

Reaction score
I looked over every thread I could find relating to LC-1 and XD16, found only one thread that related at all, and it was never answered, but it did get me thinking, do I need to program the LC-1?
I had to reprogram the LC-1 I used on the Pinto to get it to read correctly with the Electromotive stand alone...

Edit: two threads, the one about the grounds seems to only apply if you grounded them in different places? I have all my grounds located at the same spot.

Last edited:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
You have to measure the ground offset no matter what, and put that correction factor into your formula. And yes, that's what we've been talking about - you have to program the LC1. Let me see if I can find the threads for you...

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Well after reading that I guess I should move my heater ground over a bit since I have it tied to the same ground as the analog output ground.

Good info! Thanks for posting that.

Reaction score
OK, I read some more and it appears I need to change analog 1 from narrow to wide band, check/adjust ground offset, and click/check the "use as AFR" If this is the case, I'll just say up front,
"I'm a dumb ass":thud:

OK I'm editing this just incase anyone needs this info later on down the road, the LC-1 has 2 analog outputs, analog 1 is set up from the factory in narrow band 0-1V analog 2 is setup from the factory in wide band config, if you do as I did, and purchase the SCT cable to hook up to your SCT tuner, make sure to hook up both analog 1 and 2, Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
No worries, man. It took me a lot of work and research to get my LC1 calibrated and set up properly. But once you get it programmed, it's done for good.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Heh...like Fullboogie said, it's all good! Everything has a learning curve, just some things are harder than others.

46addict

Reaction score
Adding my questions to an older thread on the same subject.

I got an LC2 installed and need to datalog with SCT Livelink 6.5 (the older version for X3 handhelds). When I run Logworks to calibrate the wideband controller I get an error message saying "no serial port, IMS USB device, or IMS network device detected" before I do anything. My laptop has no serial ports so I bought a serial to USB adapter and took the serial cable given to me by Innovate and hooked it up to the "out" port on the controller.

My wideband gauge is connected to the analog 1 brown wire on the controller and I left the yellow wire alone. Where does the yellow wire go? The gauge is also currently stuck at 7.4# and flashing. I did the free air calibration of the sensor/controller and I get a solid green light once it warms up. I've datalogged basic stuff before but this is completely new to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back