Jacking a Car with a BMR K-Member?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Today I raise the front of my car by driving into 2” by 8” planks, then placing a low profile jack through the front of one of the wheel well openings to the centre of the OEM K-Member.

With a BMR K-Member how do you guys with only a floor jack and stands raise your cars?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I raise mine only from the sides, under where like you would use the spare tire jack, but on the solid rail underneath. To get both sides up, I either use 2 jacks or jackstands on one side (and always a jackstand to support near where being lifted; dont rely on the jack to keep the car raised!)

The OEM k-member was so much easier for lifting, as you mentioned. The bmr k is very nice for opening all that area up underneath.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a 2x4 or similar and cut 2 holes in it where the BMR k member nuts are, then you can lift from the kmember cause the wood spreads the weight out. I've done this a lot in the past. Now though i just lift one side at a time. Mostly cause i cant find my piece of wood.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
Get yourself a 2x4 or similar and cut 2 holes in it where the BMR k member nuts are, then you can lift from the kmember cause the wood spreads the weight out. I've done this a lot in the past. Now though i just lift one side at a time. Mostly cause i cant find my piece of wood.

I did this with a 4x4 it works

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I use a rubber pad on my jack and pick the car up where the BMR K-member bolts to the body just behind the front wheels on each side.
Don't jack up any car from just the center front, I don't care what it is.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I have been using the Steeda jacking rails and a low profile jack to get the car up high enough on blocks to use my 4X4 at the bmr k member bolts. works lickety split.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
I have been using the Steeda jacking rails and a low profile jack to get the car up high enough on blocks to use my 4X4 at the bmr k member bolts. works lickety split.

I have seen that bend up the floor pan where the K member bolts to the body behind the front wheels. That connection point is made purposely weak so it will rip away in a front collision and allow the motor to go under the car rather than into the interior.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I have seen that bend up the floor pan where the K member bolts to the body behind the front wheels. That connection point is made purposely weak so it will rip away in a front collision and allow the motor to go under the car rather than into the interior.

I think we are talking about different jacking point locations.

The location I am referring to is the bolts where the steering rack bolts into the k member.

I use a 24" length of 4x4 pressure treated block, and I have drilled out notches in the block so the bolts seat into the block. This lifts across the bottom of the kmember and spreads the weight out between at least 4members.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back