What have you done to your mustang today?

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Unless your aftermarket wheels have machined pockets for the speed-nuts the factory uses to keep the rotors in place during assembly, I'd recommend ditching them.

For that matter, it's good practice to ditch the speed-nuts anyway!

Also, as others have noted, the springs are up-side-down.

Looking good otherwise.

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Installed a JMS digital transbrake and 2 step rev limiter hoping to gain some 60'. Ended up with a 1.556 60' and 10.65 @ 130.17 mph. This car has been that fast a handful of times previously, so nothing really to be had there. However, I think I may need to get a few logs and send off to Lund. Since my last revision I've added LT headers, Tial BOV, and the digital transbrake, and as a result shifting feels sluggish and driveabliity is ever so slightly worse. I might have him bump the shift point rpm's up a few hundred also, as the car is shifting into 4th as I'm crossing the finish line. 6000' of air isn't helping matters either. Regardless, I'm satisfied with the way the car is running, and with some fine tuning I think it will be a solid 10.5 second car at altitude on pump gas. Launching off the transbrake gets me a little giddy. Here's a vid fye, constructive input is certainly welcome. Cheers!

Last edited:

8th Steed

Reaction score
Yeah I realized the springs were upside down after a post or two. Interesting thing is I put them in there with the numbers up so the must have stamped them upside down. I've also read many many threads about the differences between them being "right side up" and the like and I have come to the conclusion that the difference is minimal at best. Unless someone would like to educate me on why it matters to have the springs in tight side up (please back your opinion with facts) I would like to hear what the difference is and what the consequences would be leaving them where they are at....thanks in advance.

8th Steed

Reaction score
Yeah definitely not using the speed nuts, I don't think they would have fit these wheels anyway.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
New plate installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20170822_155733823.jpg
    IMG_20170822_155733823.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 17

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed a JMS digital transbrake and 2 step rev limiter hoping to gain some 60'. Ended up with a 1.556 60' and 10.65 @ 130.17 mph. This car has been that fast a handful of times previously, so nothing really to be had there. However, I think I may need to get a few logs and send off to Lund. Since my last revision I've added LT headers, Tial BOV, and the digital transbrake, and as a result shifting feels sluggish and driveabliity is ever so slightly worse. I might have him bump the shift point rpm's up a few hundred also, as the car is shifting into 4th as I'm crossing the finish line. 6000' of air isn't helping matters either. Regardless, I'm satisfied with the way the car is running, and with some fine tuning I think it will be a solid 10.5 second car at altitude on pump gas. Launching off the transbrake gets me a little giddy. Here's a vid fye, constructive input is certainly welcome. Cheers!

The JMS transbrake is garbage. There are a ton of people who have blown up their transmissions due to this piece of shit. Get rid of it.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
New plate installed.

I tried to get that here in Texas and they will not approve it because they said it would be considered a threat or violence to others! They must make our license plates in Austin, or I mean little California.

Last edited:

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
The JMS transbrake is garbage. There are a ton of people who have blown up their transmissions due to this piece of shit. Get rid of it.

Well this sucks to read. I looked all over for a trans failure thread attributed to the JMS unit before I bought mine and didn't find one. I did, however, find a few threads that were nothing but 10+ pages of bickering about whose homemade unit was better, but that's about it. What's the deal?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well this sucks to read. I looked all over for a trans failure thread attributed to the JMS unit before I bought mine and didn't find one. I did, however, find a few threads that were nothing but 10+ pages of bickering about whose homemade unit was better, but that's about it. What's the deal?

When the relay transbrake fails it fails with the relays open, no damage done. When the digital one fails it fails with the signals getting crossed, bad stuff can happen when 2 or more circuits are activated at the wrong time.

Phil

forum member
Reaction score
When the relay transbrake fails it fails with the relays open, no damage done. When the digital one fails it fails with the signals getting crossed, bad stuff can happen when 2 or more circuits are activated at the wrong time.
I get that but where are these "tons" of failures, I only found the bickering threads but not one of this actually happening?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Phil

forum member
Reaction score
Same here, but I haven't bought one yet. How do you like it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
I get that but where are these "tons" of failures, I only found the bickering threads but not one of this actually happening?

This is mainly what I was wondering. The JMS unit has been out for quite a while now so I figured if there was really that much trouble with them it would be all over the forums. It also makes sense that failure of the JMS module could be catastrophic if it happens and maybe it just hasn't happened on a grand scale yet. Some of those guys doing their own setups have put a lot of time and trial into what works and what doesn't so what do I know.

Same here, but I haven't bought one yet. How do you like it?

I made a handful of passes with it at the track after I installed it with the 2-step, and it worked flawlessly. I went with the plug and play unit and the install was almost too easy.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
My PS LTH arrived the other day. So yesterday I sandblasted, and painted them up. Today I got the car up on blocks and soaked all the necessary bolts with Pbs blaster. I'll start wrenching tomorrow....

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 17

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I tried to get that here in Texas and they will not approve it because they said it would be considered a threat or violence to others! They must make our license plates in Austin, or I mean little California.

Haha, ya I wasn't sure how it would work or if they would complain, but luckily there were no issues. You car would definitely represent the plate better than mine, but hopefully I keep making improvements in the right direction.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My PS LTH arrived the other day. So yesterday I sandblasted, and painted them up. Today I got the car up on blocks and soaked all the necessary bolts with Pbs blaster. I'll start wrenching tomorrow....

Looks good. Getting the old crap out is the hardest part of the whole job.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back