What have you done to your house today

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally finished resetting all the poles for the pool fence. I have an aluminum rail fence around the backyard pool that is set into the retaining wall stones. When the assholes installed the fence they used mortar to set the poles instead of concrete. Over the years the mortar did what mortar does and deteriorated to the point the fence was wobbly. I had to dig the mortar out of each post hole and then reset the pole with concrete. Man what a pain in the ass that job was but everything is nice and tight now.

Had to get it finished today because my granddaughter decided she wanted to have a pool party for her 6th Birthday tomorrow and invited all her friends.

Earl

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
More progress. Done working on it for the day.

u9yvahum.jpg

anyte8yz.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ No gate? Hopefully there is access on the other side to get the stump grinder in there to take care of those big ugly stumps. A big chunk of the cost for stuff like that is based on access.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Yeah there will be two gates on the other side, im thinking the stumps might just be part of a flower bed, the back wall has shity dirt anyways and isnt level at all, so getting grass to grow there would be a pain

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Herk,

That is a very-very super nice Home :clap:

picture.php

Terry

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm hoping closing goes smoothly; I want to go swimming!

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Busy busy day. Finished up my sub panel install this morning, finally can put away the extension cord thats been run across my deck to the shed for the past year.
ga3ubyny.jpg

ehymu8e8.jpg

Then this afternoon dug holes and set all the post for the back section of the fence, they still need to be cut to the right height.

5ehepa3e.jpg

3u7e3ezu.jpg

4u2ava5y.jpg

Last edited:

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Thanks, its been quite the workout for sure doing all the digging and tamping. Dad gets some of the credit too.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Started looking at ideas for putting a roof over our back deck and screening it in. Our deck faces west, which in the summer, makes it useless here in TN. We are thinking that by covering it and screening it in, we can turn it into a 3-season usable space.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Still trying to plan out and budget for my deck that I want to put on the back of the house. Thinking about going 12' x 30'.

It's going to be 14' up so the 6x6 posts are the big ticket item.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Busy weekend... got my garage painted Friday night. Spent Saturday and Sunday removing sod and digging out an area where I will be extending our patio and adding a fireplace.

oviq.jpg

eeqvj.jpg

rmvv.jpg

9s9w.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back