swflastang05's build thread

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I left my transmission in the car (5r55s auto), I probably could drop the motor back in by myself but it would be a real PITA, much easier with someone else to guide it back to the bell housing and torque convertor studs, etc. But if nobody's available after I install my balancer I'll probably end up doing it myself anyway lol! That's crazy with your DS fuel rail, like nobody upgrades their rails with a Vortech!

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
agreed on the motor in/out, it's so much easier to have someone on the side of the car (my father) and me with the engine and hoist to either be told up, down, left, right lol. Just makes things simpler and less chance of screwing something up.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I agree...

I had to inch it left, right, down, left, right... lol

What I do is put in the bolts through the motor brackets and guide it in the motor mount holes (BMR k-memeber)...

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
agreed on the motor in/out, it's so much easier to have someone on the side of the car (my father) and me with the engine and hoist to either be told up, down, left, right lol. Just makes things simpler and less chance of screwing something up.

I agree...

I had to inch it left, right, down, left, right... lol

What I do is put in the bolts through the motor brackets and guide it in the motor mount holes (BMR k-memeber)...

I have a UPR K-member, the hard part is the freakin' tranny IMO, I hate dealing with all those torque converter studs, never can seem to do those without getting cut! lol!

I also found an M12 x 1.50 bolt at Lowes today, I looked 100 times and nothing but sure enough soon as I ordered the $150 tool from Freedom Racing they get the bolt! OH well at least I can return the tool, when I get it! Balancer is installed! Now who wants to come to Florida to help me drop the motor back??

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Let me know how easy it goes in with headers on. I couldn't get mine out with the headers attached. I'm hoping it goes in with them on. Lol.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I wanna c how that p1/d1 bracket holds up to a f1 lol

Yea I hear ya, I'm planning to fab up some type of an adjustable brace that connects my existing bracket to the strut tower. Procharger tech suggested that, otherwise they want ONLY $750 for the F series bracket, heck I'll just plant another money tree!

Let me know how easy it goes in with headers on. I couldn't get mine out with the headers attached. I'm hoping it goes in with them on. Lol.

Yea my motor wouldn't come out with my old headers either, but my new Kooks are much shorter in total length so I'm hoping it will go back in with them on, they were a PITA to install on the engine stand, can't imagine having to do that in the car!!!

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
the oil line hook up, how do you have that plumbed? would you mind a picture? I am going to run a oil feed and sensor for the gauge and just ground out my stock oil pressure wire since it's just a dummy gauge anyways.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I have an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge I bought the oil sensor for just before I pulled my motor. Here's a pic of how it's plumbed, is this what you want to see? With this arrangement the OEM gauge still "works"

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yea I hear ya, I'm planning to fab up some type of an adjustable brace that connects my existing bracket to the strut tower. Procharger tech suggested that, otherwise they want ONLY $750 for the F series bracket, heck I'll just plant another money tree!

Yea my motor wouldn't come out with my old headers either, but my new Kooks are much shorter in total length so I'm hoping it will go back in with them on, they were a PITA to install on the engine stand, can't imagine having to do that in the car!!!

Kooks will go in on the motor. Mine did with Mac an afaik Kooks are a Mac copy and almost exactly the same. Just be sure to take the steering shaft off first and have the two steering rack bolts loose so that it's easy to put the steering shaft back in place.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
I have an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge I bought the oil sensor for just before I pulled my motor. Here's a pic of how it's plumbed, is this what you want to see? With this arrangement the OEM gauge still "works"

you the man! yeah just wanted to see how you plumbed it. I don't plan on using the stock sensor. I was debating either to T it off for oil feed and sensor or drill a separate hole and tap it so I could run both with out fittings everywhere lol.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
BruceH; Just be sure to take the steering shaft off first and have the two steering rack bolts loose so that it's easy to put the steering shaft back in place.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for that tip Bruce! I would have had to figure that out the hard way otherwise. Although I hate messing with that steering shaft & rack, I don't wanna get another freakin' alignment. IIRC last time I changed out the shaft I was able to slide the column piece far enough into the column on the inside of the fire wall so I didn't have to mess with the rack.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
you the man! yeah just wanted to see how you plumbed it. I don't plan on using the stock sensor. I was debating either to T it off for oil feed and sensor or drill a separate hole and tap it so I could run both with out fittings everywhere lol.

The fittings aren't too bad, you can't really see them since they're down below everything, especially since you'll eventually have your turbo plumbing covering all that area up anyway :beerchug2:

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
The fittings aren't too bad, you can't really see them since they're down below everything, especially since you'll eventually have your turbo plumbing covering all that area up anyway :beerchug2:

lol this is true, but really what I plan on doing is drilling and tapping another hole right on top of that outlet hole for the sensor just far enough back to clear whatever might be screwed in that main hole. that way I don't have to worry about brass fittings everywhere lol. I have a ton of fittings and I'm not exaggerating but I hate using them when I don't have to haha

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Update: I attempted to drop the motor back into its home last week but ran into a road block with flexplate fitment. I'm embarrassed to say it took a couple hours of messing with it before I threw the BS flag and realized something was very wrong. The stud holes were slightly off so I removed a few thousands to make them fit then realized the flexplate wasn't properly seating on the convertor tabs so I had to call it a night :argh: After a couple days research I found the correct flexplate for my application and of course it costs 6x more, figures. In any case it arrived this afternoon so hopefully I can attempt to at least drop the motor back b/w the frame rails tomorrow night after work, depends if I can get some help, definitely couldn't have done that myself! I made sure it fits this time!

In the meantime I had the new mounting sleeves for my (S&H) BPV & WG welded onto the SC discharge tube before the IC, check out this sexy piece!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Got to work on it some today, got a lot done but ran into some roadblocks that prevented me from cranking today. Need to extend my new exhaust by 4 inches, this is what happens when trying to use different manufacturers...need some T connectors, vacuum line, etc. Also I need to work on gaining more space up front for the SC plumbing, thanks for the suggestions oneeyedwilly! Procharger wont have my new SC to me until after Labor Day due to necessary parts on backorder argh! Supposedly all F series blowers are on hold until then, Gettin there though!

I was able to flash the ECU with my new base tune from Lito, and fired up the return style fuel system for the first time, pressure was right at 40lbs, no adjustments needed, and even better no leaks!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
After a couple trips to the exhaust shop for mods to my two systems I was finally able to install the new 3" exhaust. Kooks 1-3/4" headers w/3" collectors and 3" O/R X pipe and Magnaflow 3" cat back & mufflers. Had to extend the cat back by 4" and flare the front of the Magnaflow system to fit, their 3" cat back system only comes pinched down to 2.5" to fit the stock mid-pipe, go figure! Also ordered new upgraded SC pipes from Procharger today, hopefully everything will arrive next week and I can finally crank the new motor!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back