New flat stick?

10GreyGT

Reaction score
George,

I emailed a few questions and received a reply from Julie but she didn't really answer my questions.

I am interested in getting one of your shifters for my 2010 GT. I saw on another site there is a flat stick handle now. Can it be used with the oem boot without cutting it?

I would like the shifter, silver flat stick and a white mgw logo'd ball handle.

If you would like to pm me or for me to call that is fine.

Thanks!

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The boot on a 2010 will have to be modified because of that round plastic plug insert. ...

But...if you want buy the standard one because i am working on a flat stick option that will actually mount to the 12mm rod and mount ON TOP of the boot above so the boot does not need modded!!

I'll have it made by early summer release. You can just use your stock knob until

George

10GreyGT

Reaction score
The boot on a 2010 will have to be modified because of that round plastic plug insert. ...

But...if you want buy the standard one because i am working on a flat stick option that will actually mount to the 12mm rod and mount ON TOP of the boot above so the boot does not need modded!!

I'll have it made by early summer release. You can just use your stock knob until

George

George,

When would be the best time to call. I just tried and got the voicemail, I just realized it's 12:30 and your probably at lunch.

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
George,

When would be the best time to call. I just tried and got the voicemail, I just realized it's 12:30 and your probably at lunch.

We are actually closed for Good Friday but they will be in monday at 8 eastern time.

George

10GreyGT

Reaction score
Ok, I work monday-tuesday. I'll call wednesday and we can figure out what exactly I want to order.

Thanks

10GreyGT

Reaction score
20150504_170857_zpshp2fsyzv.jpg

Can someone please explain the procedure for attaching the boot? I have the stock boot, do I need the Roush boot? Then what?

Also, I was really hoping the shift ball would say MGW on it but it just has the shift pattern. I emailed and Julie said the ball for the flat stick is plain. Isn't the thread pitch the same as the others?

Planning on installing once I get a day off with nice weather, pretty excited..

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
20150504_170857_zpshp2fsyzv.jpg

Can someone please explain the procedure for attaching the boot? I have the stock boot, do I need the Roush boot? Then what?

Also, I was really hoping the shift ball would say MGW on it but it just has the shift pattern. I emailed and Julie said the ball for the flat stick is plain. Isn't the thread pitch the same as the others?

Planning on installing once I get a day off with nice weather, pretty excited..

the grommet simply zip ties to the boot. You will need a base type boot with the larger opening. the one with the "thumb style " shift knob.

goto our website and look at the flat stick for the 2010 camaro install video. we show how to attach the grommet to the boot,

also concerning the knob logo ...we decided not to logo the ball because the mgw logo is actually on the flat stick itself so we didn't want to overdo it.

epco can actually make a custom ball if you want logos on the sides. the thread is 3/8-16.

George

10GreyGT

Reaction score
The boot I have is the oem 2010 with the grey and leather knob, I would call it a thumb knob. I don't know what a "base type boot is". The boot has a hard plastic round base type thing below the knob that seems to fit into some notches on the oem shifter. Is this the boot/knob you are referring to?

I will look at the video and compare.

Thanks for the reply after hours!

ETA: how much of the stick does the boot cover? I think the logo on the ball would have been ok.

Last edited:

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The boot I have is the oem 2010 with the grey and leather knob, I would call it a thumb knob. I don't know what a "base type boot is". The boot has a hard plastic round base type thing below the knob that seems to fit into some notches on the oem shifter. Is this the boot/knob you are referring to?

I will look at the video and compare.

Thanks for the reply after hours!

ETA: how much of the stick does the boot cover? I think the logo on the ball would have been ok.

for the 2010 you would either have to cut the plastic piece out or swap a roush type boot in there.

George

10GreyGT

Reaction score
Finally installing today...

The big rubber boot looks like it's going to be a PITA to get over the small rubber boot on the shifter...

10GreyGT

Reaction score
Just so I am sure...

The bottom of the rubber boot/floor seal goes in this groove?

mgw1_zpsbouzmup7.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back