F150 Coyote swap to 07 GT

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Sending off my F150 pcm and having it rewritten did not do the trick, don't know what happened but it did not work for me. Using a rewritten Mustang pcm with PATS delete worked like a champ. I straightened out my alt problem today, was a simple wiring fix. My EPAS rack does not work, it's wired up correctly, the car's wiring will run another EPAS rack but not the one in the car now.

Last edited:

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
EPAS rack works now, it was from a 2014 Mustang, all the wiring was correct, the power and ground conection was corroded at the rack terminals, cleaned the terminal connections with a battery cleaner/ protector, all is good now. I have a traction control light and fuel cap light left and I will attempt to wire up the a/c with the coyote a/c pressure transducer, I'll hook up the evap wires and hoses also.

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 25

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
EPAS rack works now, it was from a 2014 Mustang, all the wiring was correct, the power and ground conection was corroded at the rack terminals, cleaned the terminal connections with a battery cleaner/ protector, all is good now. I have a traction control light and fuel cap light left and I will attempt to wire up the a/c with the coyote a/c pressure transducer, I'll hook up the evap wires and hoses also.

TCS and fuel cap will never go away. You gotta do the electrical tape trick on the TCS and then just deal with the fuel cap or swap clusters. I keep bothering Lito every few months with new gas cap ideas and he always shoots them down lol.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
TCS and fuel cap will never go away. You gotta do the electrical tape trick on the TCS and then just deal with the fuel cap or swap clusters. I keep bothering Lito every few months with new gas cap ideas and he always shoots them down lol.

Funny thing is, the CAN lines are feeding the ABS, so it seems like it should work. The CAN lines are feeding the IC and the PSCM they work but when I use the Snapon Verus I have no communication with the PSCM, IC or the ABS module. Perhaps it is just a matter of programming the ABS and PSCM with an IDS.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Funny thing is, the CAN lines are feeding the ABS, so it seems like it should work. The CAN lines are feeding the IC and the PSCM they work but when I use the Snapon Verus I have no communication with the PSCM, IC or the ABS module. Perhaps it is just a matter of programming the ABS and PSCM with an IDS.

I doubt you will make it work. The 11-14 TCS is a lot more sophisticated and way smarter than 05-10. What do you need TCS for? lol

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Oh you tape guys, lol, I just cant bring myself to do that. Seen alot of tape over ICs over the years, now removing the bulb, maybe. LoL

You don't put it OVER the IC, you put it UNDER the overlay. You peel the overlay back, put the tape over the hole for the bulb, press the overlay back down, and reassemble. You want to take the cluster all apart and de-solder a little LED? You can't even see the tape, looks like the bulb isn't illuminated lol. I should have had you take a peek in my car.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Despite getting signals from the abs system, the control unit doesn't allow for a functioning traction control system?

I never use mine either, but I figured it would work.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
I never really bothered to look into it and I don't care if my TCS works. I believe Manuel tried to do it and figured out it wouldn't work. I don't even remember the last time TCS was on in my car. Maybe 4 years ago lol.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I removed the a/c dual pressure switch, replaced it with a $30 coyote a/c pressure transducer, used the pigtail that came with the F150 harness, wired the 3 wires up to the pcm, made sure I had power and ground at C192 and have power and ground to the a/c clutch when I turn the a/c on. I don't have the a/c belt on yet, there might be a mismatch on pulley alignment using the 07 a/c compressor, I've got to look into this further this weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 15

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a breakdown of cost on this conversion, keep in mind I did all of the labor.

2012 Ford F150 5.0 (50,000 miles), harness, pcm and hoses. $2,100
Coyote Flywheel (new take off) $100
2 flywheel bolts $10
Pedal assembly (used) and pigtail connector $100
CAI from Ebay $60
Corvette fuel filter w/regulator $45
Return line, adapter to fuel rail $45
Weld a return tube to my sender $ 12 pack of Corona
Upper Rad hose $40
2011 Mustang PCM w/PATS delete $400, (deleting PATS from the F150 pcm was unsuccessful for me)
2014 EPAS rack (900 mi) $215
Mustangs motor mount supports $90
Motorcraft orange coolant, oil and filter $45
Misc stuff (wire connectors, heat shrink, tape, conduit, heater hose block off connectors) $50

All that comes to $3300

Then there was stuff I wanted:
Longtube headers with X-pipe $900
BMR k-member $450

I will upgrade the fuel pump to a walbro (already purchased it for $50)
I want cams and a boss intake

This swap cost alot less than I thought it would, I should've done it years ago.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
so basically it would be simpler for anyone doing this to just spring for the mustang pcm and harness?

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure, some say the F150 pcm can be made to work, from my experience it did not work, I ended up getting a $250 refund from the tuner guy. Another member I spoke with used the Mustang pcm and harness. If your F150 motor comes with pcm and harness, it is less exspensive to use the harness and purchase a programmed Mustang pcm than to buy a control pack or Mustang pcm and harness.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
The oil filter adapter was like $40-50, IIRC, oil pump is $80, cams are $120 or so a piece, new.

Where did you find the oil pump for so cheap? New ones are on the order of $600 and gears are 2-300

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back