Painted engine bay parts

tightwhite08

Reaction score
I don't have this done yet because I can't seem to find a place near me (western suburb of Chicago) that will do such a small job. All the places I have been recommended by the local forum told me they only do collision/insurance jobs or bigger jobs that include body panels.

Does anyone have any suggestions where else I should be looking? Total is about 10 pieces of covers/tanks varying from plastic to aluminum. At this point I'd even ship out the box of pieces.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe find a place that does hydro-dipping? can get crazy patterns, or probably just solid colors

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I had a bunch of parts hydro-dipped under my hood, local place did an awesome job.
Fiery skulls.

20160806_eng4.jpg

tightwhite08

Reaction score
That looks great but not my style. I like clean and "basic". Just looking to get painted Performance White to match car. I already have some chrome accents for it so when all done it will match the exterior of my car which is also Performance White with chrome wheels.

I will look into some hydrodipping in the area. Thanks

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Any shop that does hydro dipping also does paint

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
JLT does a lot of engine bay stuff. I have a set of coil covers on my car that they did for me and they turned out great! I'd contact them and see what they can do for you.

29988275201_1fdf96cd4d_b.jpg

14425425_10153842004877155_1101936411845845801_o.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That's true, JLT, not just for cold air intakes anymore! :)

46addict

Reaction score
My tuner has an in-house fabricator/powercoating guy that can help you, if you decide to deal with shipping. They have a facebook page too if you want to ask for pictures of his work.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Like Gabe said call some local folks who do hydro dipping. Some patterns require a base coat. The engine bay parts I did required a white base coat and then the dipped did a clear coat as well.
IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

Last edited:

tightwhite08

Reaction score
JLT does a lot of engine bay stuff. I have a set of coil covers on my car that they did for me and they turned out great! I'd contact them and see what they can do for you.

Funny you mention them because part of my setup is with their painted series 3 intake and radiator cover.

I found a guy who will do it along with a minor front bumper touch up. Will post pics when I get it done and returned middle of next week.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where else I should be looking? Total is about 10 pieces of covers/tanks varying from plastic to aluminum. At this point I'd even ship out the box of pieces.

I found a local airbrush guy who was able to do mine. Best part about it was this was cheaper than estimates sent to me for hydro dipping the same parts painted snake skin.

Attachments

• 2008-ford-mustang-gt-engine-view.jpg
    2008-ford-mustang-gt-engine-view.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 32

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^ That's a great idea. Thanks for posting the link.

And if you do decide to hydrodip, +1 for JLT. I talked to them at Mustang Week a couple of years ago and they were very helpful. I ended up emailing them about the job that I wanted done, and they responded quickly with a quote.

Bnbstang

Reaction score
If your looking for custom airbrush work, try calling bike shops. If your looking for a basic color, do it yourself? You'll save a ton by getting a book, a small spray gun and getting a little bit of paint and clearcoat. Thats what I did.

RMB427R

Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing as 06jet and do it yourself, that is, if the pieces are small enough. I've painted plenty of parts in my garage and even bought a toaster oven so that I can powder coat stuff. It's easy and pretty cheap to get great results.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back