How Much Does It Weigh?

matt texass

Reaction score

Matt, have you thought about taking all the evap. stuff out. People are saying it is worth 36-40 lbs.
secret.gif

attachment.php

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Matt, have you thought about taking all the evap. stuff out. People are saying it is worth 36-40 lbs.
secret.gif

attachment.php

no I didnt... but now you got me thinking :thumb: I can't see it being over 30 lbs... all my ac shiat under the hood was 30 lbs I think... *has to look back at notes*

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

yep, we had a big discussion about this a few months ago. Some one actually tore their stock door down to the skin and all the weight ended up being the internal door locks, window mech and window... when it got brocken down it was over $2000 to save a puney 20 lbs off the doors skins? I have to look back on my thread but we ended the discussion as a waste of dollars $$$$$$$$$$$ :beerchug2:

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you , this is a great write up. I must have missed that in the other post . I will go back and read what I missed. I thought I got all of it. That is a lot of $$$$ for 20 lbs. Does not make sense to do that then for sure.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you , this is a great write up. I must have missed that in the other post . I will go back and read what I missed. I thought I got all of it. That is a lot of $$$$ for 20 lbs. Does not make sense to do that then for sure.

we had a couple various threads before this one was made into a sticky and sort of combined , but yes that is way too much for 20lbs lol

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
we had a couple various threads before this one was made into a sticky and sort of combined , but yes that is way too much for 20lbs lol

we have had sooooo many threads with weight reduction it's hard to keep track lmao :thud:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

yep, we had a big discussion about this a few months ago. Some one actually tore their stock door down to the skin and all the weight ended up being the internal door locks, window mech and window... when it got brocken down it was over $2000 to save a puney 20 lbs off the doors skins? I have to look back on my thread but we ended the discussion as a waste of dollars $$$$$$$$$$$ :beerchug2:

Aaawww c'mon, Matt. Nothing a little Lexan, some screws, and a door latch kit won't cure. :roflmao:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aaawww c'mon, Matt. Nothing a little Lexan, some screws, and a door latch kit won't cure. :roflmao:

don't even joke, at one point I didl ook into those lexan windows that don't scratch... lol I forget the company but that was a big discussion aswell lmao

honestly I know im way far away but this winter coming up I have serious idea's floating in my head :idea:

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.razorsedgemotorsports.com/chsu.html

they make a front and rear kit which drops 13lbs each

Has anyone weighed the factory bumper supports to confirm the 13lb weight loss they are claiming? Any who makes this kit? Would you recommend these for a street car that is rarely driven? Also if someone was to get in an accident with these on. Would they cover the damages?

Last edited:

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Any who makes this kit? Would you recommend these for a street car that is rarely driven? Also if someone was to get in an accident with these on. Would they cover the damages?

From the website linked:

This off-road rear bumper reinforcement is a TIG-welded aluminum replacement for the stock steel unit, and it represents a 13lbs weight reduction...

Only Weighs 3 Lbs Each!!!!!!!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im going to switch to wilwood brakes this winter, the oem front calipers loaded plus the rotor are 30 lbs each side so 60 lbs. If the wilwood's weigh 30lbs for both im game!

Thats not including a back set of brakes

come on guys any new ideas!? lol

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Would it hurt anything to remove the evaporator stuff on a dd. Not quite sure exactly what is does.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score

Start Swiss-cheesing things? Replace steel brackets/supports/etc with aluminum? Coilovers use smaller springs so you'd drop some poundage there.

..and you could go mountain-bike on it and start replacing nuts and bolts with aluminum/titanium (gun-drilled, of course, for the maximum effect).

yo_12fh.jpg

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Im going to switch to wilwood brakes this winter, the oem front calipers loaded plus the rotor are 30 lbs each side so 60 lbs. If the wilwood's weigh 30lbs for both im game!

Thats not including a back set of brakes

Don't ever have any passengers, use an ipod instead of mutiple CDs, vacuum the car... lol.

What if you cut out the indention in the trunk for the spare tire. Instead of having it go down, just make it flat all the way across and take off that entire piece of steel. Know what I mean? I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but I'll keep thinking... :idea:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever weighed the stock fenders?

Roush makes carbon fiber ones lol

Time to get this thread back in action!

I did notice coil overs will knock some weight off the front :idea:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$200 bucks a piece for those things is steep probably cost 50 bucks to make material and labor. Rip-off if u ask me $400 bucks to save 20lbs and make your car weaker in a wreck no thanks.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back