exhaust diameter questions, also ebay long tube headers any good? please advise

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah $160 for a pair of stainless long tubes is a steal.

I was going to say these look like a BBK design with the difference being 1.75" primaries as opposed to BBK's 1 5/8". I'm not sure if you'll need the bigger primaries on an NA car. I imagine that is for high RPM builds requiring the FRPP intake manifold mentioned above.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ash=item36190510d4:g:qYgAAOSwfRdZJdYw&vxp=mtr

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked at those ones just because I've been pissed off at my JBA's. I might try throwing those in over the winter? Dunno. I just want to fix my exhaust system being all thrown out of alignment because of how badly the JBA's collectors fit.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
These are 1-5/8" primaries. I had the same issue when I had JBA LT's the collectors were hitting the frame and some parts of the k-member. Which was later solved with a BMR k-member but they caused new nvh that I wasn't too happy about. So got rid of both for some Pypes shorty headers.

Joe88xj

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys, just to review ...out of the 2 different header designs which style would fit the car better overall? the style where the tubes run together or the style where the tubes are routed in different directions before meeting at the collector? can you guys who have installed them offer input on fitment with the design you have installed on your car?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys, just to review ...out of the 2 different header designs which style would fit the car better overall? the style where the tubes run together or the style where the tubes are routed in different directions before meeting at the collector? can you guys who have installed them offer input on fitment with the design you have installed on your car?

A lot of it really depends on how well they are made.

I've seen three styles of knockoffs...mid length (Kooks copies), and two full length ones (JBA and BBK). BBK is the style with all the primaries pretty much running together to the collector.

I have JBA's and I will say the way they are made, they have lots of good clearance everywhere. The passenger side one even allows better access to the starter than the factory manifolds do. But, again, to say the knockoffs would fit that well is pure conjecture, you have no way of knowing how well they are made. Usually the spot that has the most issues is around the steering shaft but I've heard of other problems too.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I still need to purchase the midpipe but AM sold out during their July 4 sale so can't do much for now.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Decided to get new gaskets for the install and noticed this:

1e0d61e0aeb066e9f1f155b0ba4da03f.jpg

cb80e57f158b21558550930e0d995b9b.jpg

ae4169870514122e2321d050bd1b3f1b.jpg

Should I be porting them out?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about that. Didn't you see the video where Freiberger the beat the hell outta long tubes with a hammer and the results revealed it didn't make any difference. Lol!

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I have had exhaust parts last less than 6 months here in MD so I avoid like the plague. They also tend to have serious fitment issues, sometimes to the point it seems like it was designed for another car. can't speak for the specific vendor in question though, I just avoid all.

The job itself can be challenging your first time if you are not a 9-5 mechanic jackstands or lift. Especially trying to get through all the rusted bolts and seized O2 sensors when old stock parts are being removed. But once you know everything you have to do and when 2nd,3rd,and 4th jobs will be done in under 5hrs

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I checked out the Pypes version at their booth at the AM show and they were identical, every detail of it.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Im telling ya theyre made at the same factory in china lol.

Speed daddy is one of the ebay vendors who sells those. I googled them a while back and it seemed like a lot of coyote guys are running them with no issues.

Did you get them installed yet?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back