Going full retard on my door panels - I am at the breaking point

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I have a big chrome Corbeau cam lock harness buckle. I temped it at 145* one day. During the summer here I can't put my belt on till I'm almost home because of how long that hunk of metal stays hot. I do have another harness now but just haven't put it in.
Oh yea that thick metal is like a branding iron! I have heard guys putting a rag or like a crown royal type bag over metal stuff in the sun (ie the shift knob ) to help them from getting branding iron hot

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think that square edge on top of the panel would be a little weird when you wanna hang your arm out the window, though.

I wanted to address this for anyone thinking the same:

The arm out the window is BETTER than stock as far as comfort, you now how a flat surface with nice rounded corners to rest your arm. It is like setting your arm on a high end office chair. You actually have more surface area than the stock panel because it is flat. As far as two dimensional, I agree and understand where you are coming from. The bead rolling looks "light" but in person the bead rolling is exquisite ( to me). I know it doesn't have big shapes of a normal panel, but there is a plus to this. Tons of legroom space! It is awesome, I can stretch my thighs/groin in all kinds of ways now. LOL TMI?

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic. Check out how arm rest-able that is!! (Ignore my mirror adj trim...I need to fix one of the clips.)

6c6a26b08924da7d10d68c65b5e6a70f.jpg
8f8a0b34c1c3af8da7eef3936042055f.jpg

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I was gonna use a door pull strap for the interior door handle attached to the cable to trigger the door latch when I was considering these panels. Just tuck the cable back into the hole and let the strap hang down for you to pull when you want out of the car.
Like Porsche does on track models.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was gonna use a door pull strap for the interior door handle attached to the cable to trigger the door latch when I was considering these panels. Just tuck the cable back into the hole and let the strap hang down for you to pull when you want out of the car.
Like Porsche does on track models.
I have a couple of options. One is to buy a second set. It would cover up the cable and keep everyday yanking on that part of the system. It takes very little pull to pop the lock and probalt 10x that to shut the door using the pull....didn't want that strain on the cable

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I have a couple of options. One is to buy a second set. It would cover up the cable and keep everyday yanking on that part of the system. It takes very little pull to pop the lock and probalt 10x that to shut the door using the pull....didn't want that strain on the cable

I mean use a second set, I wouldn't pull the door shut by the latch, lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back