Get rid of your 3valve it'll never be fast!!!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just don't get the Yote fanboi thing. They're fantastic stock compared to a 3v, duh. But when you start adding boost pretty much ever Yote advantage disappears. Boost is the great equalizer.

Not to play devil's advocate, however the same can also be said for adding boost to the Yote as well.. Therefore where does the Yote advantage really disappear, as Boost is indeed the great equalizer :waytogo:

Phil1098

Reaction score
The new engine has a firing order that does not lend itself to as nice an exhaust sound. 3v and 2v 4.6's had the windsor HO firing order. Sounds good.

I would agree with this, I was behind a S550 the other day on the interstate with a pretty open exhaust and he was caning it hard after construction zones etc. and it didn't really sound good. Just kind of off in some way, raspy and not smooth.

On the other side of the coin, if FRPP offered a plug and play kit for 05-10 S197 Coyote swap, and I mean plug and play from fuel to gauges working, I would be putting one in my car.

sprchrgd s197

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
Reaction score
Not to play devil's advocate, however the same can also be said for adding boost to the Yote as well.. Therefore where does the Yote advantage really disappear, as Boost is indeed the great equalizer :waytogo:

I was never referring to only a my 3valve being boosted against a Yote. I meant me continuing to build my car and if the Yote was built also with boost. He was saying it at the shop as if no matter what I do I'll never be as fast. So I just said ok and left with my I'll show attitude.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
3v exhaust ftw

but ive heard that 2v have a special sound because mufflers are mid-mounted rather than after the axle

Smalls5oh

forum member
Reaction score
I've owned a 93 5.0, 4v 03 Cobra, 5.4 swapped Fobra, a 2011 GT with the magical unicorn 5.0, and my current 08 GT/CS.

The Coyote makes serious power, but it wasn't enough to justify the POS stock manual trans for me. The 3650 in the 3v cars is superior IMO. ALL of the mod motor cars make serious power when done right. The 5.4 in my Fobra with stock ported Navigator heads made over 1800 fwhp with a FI S95 Turbo.

Would the magical Coyote have made more? Doubtful. Not without a $2500 block. Why do all of the top cars in X275 (The closest class to "street car" out there) run SBF and SBC/LS? Because they work. The Coyote cars get a weight break, can run more ci, and still aren't dominating. They are impressive, but not the best out there IMO.

I am swapping my 3v for a 9.5 deck Windsor motor. I just built a 446ci Dart Block, CHI Cleveland heads, Jesel Everything, etc, for less than that Coyote would cost me. Made 824hp on motor, and is getting 2- FI Billet 76mm's. I just couldn't justify the expense of the block/heads etc on the Coyote, when I could get so much more with the Windsor.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

15-20 psi depending on the mods

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I was never referring to only a my 3valve being boosted against a Yote. I meant me continuing to build my car and if the Yote was built also with boost. He was saying it at the shop as if no matter what I do I'll never be as fast. So I just said ok and left with my I'll show attitude.

Well I don't agree with whatever that guy at the shop told you.. Despite the Yote having the technical advantage over the 4.6 3valve.. The 4.6 3v has the stronger block, responds to tuning mods easier/better and if built with forged internals, bored and stroked, high flowing heads, cams, LT headers, and FI.. The 4.6 3v will definitely give the Yote a run for it's money at the very least, mod for mod..

Just ask Terry (tigerhonaker) as his 08 3v Bullitt makes 1000+HP :waytogo:

sprchrgd s197

Reaction score
I've owned a 93 5.0, 4v 03 Cobra, 5.4 swapped Fobra, a 2011 GT with the magical unicorn 5.0, and my current 08 GT/CS.

The Coyote makes serious power, but it wasn't enough to justify the POS stock manual trans for me. The 3650 in the 3v cars is superior IMO. ALL of the mod motor cars make serious power when done right. The 5.4 in my Fobra with stock ported Navigator heads made over 1800 fwhp with a FI S95 Turbo.

Would the magical Coyote have made more? Doubtful. Not without a $2500 block. Why do all of the top cars in X275 (The closest class to "street car" out there) run SBF and SBC/LS? Because they work. The Coyote cars get a weight break, can run more ci, and still aren't dominating. They are impressive, but not the best out there IMO.

I am swapping my 3v for a 9.5 deck Windsor motor. I just built a 446ci Dart Block, CHI Cleveland heads, Jesel Everything, etc, for less than that Coyote would cost me. Made 824hp on motor, and is getting 2- FI Billet 76mm's. I just couldn't justify the expense of the block/heads etc on the Coyote, when I could get so much more with the Windsor.

I agree with you there. That's some nice power on motor. Mine does have a built bottom end from MMR. But I'll probably do something different in that regard such as a stronger block. This one is strong though 1000hp stroker block. I could buy a new Yote but like you said can't justify the cost just to start this all over again with a payment.

sprchrgd s197

Reaction score
Well I don't agree with whatever that guy at the shop told you.. Despite the Yote having the technical advantage over the 4.6 3valve.. The 4.6 3v has the stronger block, responds to tuning mods easier/better and if built with forged internals, bored and stroked, high flowing heads, cams, LT headers, and FI.. The 4.6 3v will definitely give the Yote a run for it's money at the very least, mod for mod..

Yeah, I've seen Terrys car along with others on here and I know the potential.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
3v exhaust ftw

but ive heard that 2v have a special sound because mufflers are mid-mounted rather than after the axle

2V has a fantastic sound stock, but it's also a curse as going with aftermarket exhaust can easily cause droning in the cabin as mufflers are under back seat.

I love my 2003 2V it's a fun engine. Doesn't compare to flat out speed like my 2013 coyote but still fun. I would have no issue if my 2v needed rebuilt doing mild heads and cams as it's just fun to drive. IMO, proportional wise I feel the 2v has more low end torque than the 5.0 has. Then 2v falls on it's face at like 5k RPMs as the coyote really comes to life screaming.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Lol. No, no it doesn't.
It dynoed at something like 817 rwhp, that's not quite 1000+ crank hp, regardless of what he or Brenspeed might say.

sprchrgd s197

Reaction score
What power are you making now with you current SC set up?

As it sits now it made 560rwhp and 550tq at 3500 rpm and like 24lbs of boost so they stopped the pull. It was a saturday and I didn't have other pulleys with me to change or race gas available so I just took it home. Got busy with my business and it's been sitting.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. No, no it doesn't.
It dynoed at something like 817 rwhp, that's not quite 1000+ crank hp, regardless of what he or Brenspeed might say.

Then I stand corrected Gabe, as I was under the impression from Terry and Brenspeed that his car made 1000HP at the rear wheels rather than from the crank.. But still in all, 817 RWHP is far from not being considered as fast as a Coyote lol.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Gabe I already have a built motor from mmr. 1000hp 5.0 stroker. When I went to get it tuned it made waay too much boost on pump. Like 24lbs. So they stopped the pull at like 3500 rpm and it made 560 rhwp and 550 tq. Pulleys were too small they said. So I took it home with the intentions of switching them. But it's sat because at the time I was building a new business I started so it wasn't a top priority anymore. But now I'm ready to finish it.

560hp at 3500 rpm would be 840 ft-lbs of torque.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

Because I see people constantly asking if it's smarter to put a blower on their 3v or do a Yote swap.

If you add boost to a Yote and you add boost to a 3v (assuming the 3v has forged rods/pistons and you're not running e85) the 3v actually holds the advantage because it doesn't have 11:1 compression like the Yote which limits what you can make on pump gas.

You can make 700hp on pump gas with a 3v. You can't with a Yote. Unless you lower the compression ratio.

And if you want to get way oput there, the 3v block is stronger than the Yote. Even the 2015 blocks.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Whats most silly about this is that I am pretty sure in 2006 there was a 3v running single digits. They were people running 8s with 3v motors long before then end of the run.

fast is fast whether you do it in a yote or a 3v, and at those power levels everything is expensive so if you really want to save money, you can save it on the purchase price of the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back