Starting an air lift install

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Ok, so I got the digital kit on the cheap. Now comes the install. Has anyone installed this with an aftermarket k member? what about with a watts link? any pictures are appreciated. Also, I have Freedom Racing adjustable end links. Should I leave those, or use the airlift supplied ones?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Cant imagine an aftermarket K member or watt's link effecting the install much, other then better control of keeping rear axle centered when dropped.

cant wait to see the pics

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a BMR tubular K-Member, A-Arms and Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar. Absolutely no issues with the Air Lift kit.

K-Member and A-Arms

Air Lift end links compared to my original Shelby adjustable ones. I suspect the Air Lift ones are that length for a reason and I would recommend you use them.

Best of luck with your install!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
What is the limiting factor in the rear for dropping it? I see a lot of cars tucking, but I can't recall one laying rocker on the rear.

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
What is the limiting factor in the rear for dropping it? I see a lot of cars tucking, but I can't recall one laying rocker on the rear.

The issue in the rear is that the upper third link comes in contact with the body of the car. If you built a notch for that link to slide into, you could gain about an inch of drop.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Cobra drifter is laying frame on his gt500. It's allot of custom work

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i would like to see what that takes. i personally would probably not go that route, but it would be cool to see what needs to be done

also, will the watts link keep the rear centered throughout the range of the lifting/ lowering?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
How you coming with your install? working on mine again this week, hope to be done by end of the week if these dizzy spells will slow down a little, went out to the garage to do a little work yesterday, but the dizzy spell was just to much,will try it again today.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i havent been able to start yet. i am waiting on some parts to get back from the powdercoater.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
i havent been able to start yet. i am waiting on some parts to get back from the powdercoater.

cool, looking forward to see the install. I'm finishing mine this week, started running the air lines today,have both rear lines connected, will finish running the driver side & passenger side tomorrow.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
im actually considering hanging the tank from the rear deck and hiding as much as i can. I am wondering if i should have powdercoated the tank black as well, or try and get it wrapped in 3m carbon fiber.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
im actually considering hanging the tank from the rear deck and hiding as much as i can. I am wondering if i should have powdercoated the tank black as well, or try and get it wrapped in 3m carbon fiber.

Is your tank the aluminum tank or the steel one? the aluminum tank is lite. The aluminum tank will save a lot of weight,the 5 gal steel tank I had weight nearly 43 lbs, the 2 1/2 gal aluminum one weighs 5 lbs.not sure what a 5 gal aluminum tank would weigh,but bet it wouldn't be much. Hanging from the rear deck sounds like a great idea, if I didn't already have the custom audio system in the car, I'd went with a hidden look, but taking the sub box at this time wasn't happening,just too much trouble. looking forward to your project.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i have the long aluminum one. its got a polished finish now. im considering powdercoating either black or green or a carbon fiber wrap

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back