Even newer than new RACE SPEC????

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I JUST put the, what I thought was, the latest RACE SPEC shifter on my 2013 GT. So is this even newer than the newest RACE SPEC design??????

If so, what advantages does THIS ONE offer over the last designed one??? Do the parts that make this newest one retrofit to the "older" one? And could you explain what those "side extending legs" offer versus the "older" design.

Thanks.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Doesnt fuckin matter darren!
Sorry I have to work on my impulse control.

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The design you have works EXACTLY like the new design...there is no advantage over the 2 designs ...we just had so many people from the 2015 group not getting our concept of the rear bracket just used for NVH control that we caved and found an alternate way to achieve the same end result.

I actually run one of each design in 2 of our company mustangs...a 2013 and a 2015 ecoboost...they perform identically!!

George

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
The old version is worthless now, and there is no way to retrofit. You might as well buy the new one, and I will dispose of the old one for you.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The design you have works EXACTLY like the new design...there is no advantage over the 2 designs ...we just had so many people from the 2015 group not getting our concept of the rear bracket just used for NVH control that we caved and found an alternate way to achieve the same end result.

I actually run one of each design in 2 of our company mustangs...a 2013 and a 2015 ecoboost...they perform identically!!

George

Thanks for the lightening fast response George!!:highfive:

I was beginning to worry that I needed a new shifter.:sigh1:

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The old version is worthless now, and there is no way to retrofit. You might as well buy the new one, and I will dispose of the old one for you.

This man is my new marketing manager!! lol

George

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
1423840808_zps6dd77be4.jpg

latest

Need to call it the new T-Rex shifter to keep us from getting confused!!!:highfive::yo:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You don't need a shifter in the first place.
And your mustang is already old bro, time to trade up!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I like how frankie got it 100% right. It's not that darren doesn't need an aftermarket shifter, he doesn't even need the stock one.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Darren. Instead of an upgraded shifter, you should be looking into an upgraded emergency brake. You will get better use from that.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As funny as the lulz are this is a vendors section. Keep it on topic lol.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Is this new Race Spec the only one we can purchase now, or are we going to have other options?

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Is this new Race Spec the only one we can purchase now, or are we going to have other options?

I dont think we will have any options as this design works flawlessly on both street and track.

I "MAY" offer a race spec "light" version that still uses the factory linkage arm but i doubt it as it sucks lol and i just dont think its worth the effort to do all this and skimp for 100 bucks.

George

TrackPackGT

Reaction score
I still haven't installed mine yet, but I bought it to fix not being able to shift into 4th gear at WOT or hard throttle in 3rd. I have been drag racing manuals since 95 (owned manuals since 90), so it's not me. This thing refuses to go into 4th when you're on it hard in 3rd. This thing appears to be a little bit of a pain to install, so I hope it works.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
The Race Spec goes in fairly easily and the videos are spot on with the install. It's be stupid easy if it was on a bench!!!

Definitely drop the transmission cross-member and get as much drop from the tail shaft to allow as much working room as possible between the tunnel and transmission. I didn't remove the DS, however, can see where it would have been that much easier to install with the DS out of the picture.

The shifter is well put together and thought out (as would be expected from MGW) and all the shifts are firm and very positive.

I've had the opportunity to compare several of the aftermarket shifters and the MGW Race Spec blows the competition away.

Form, function, fit and finish are all top notch....

THANKS for a great product George!

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The Race Spec goes in fairly easily and the videos are spot on with the install. It's be stupid easy if it was on a bench!!!

Definitely drop the transmission cross-member and get as much drop from the tail shaft to allow as much working room as possible between the tunnel and transmission. I didn't remove the DS, however, can see where it would have been that much easier to install with the DS out of the picture.

The shifter is well put together and thought out (as would be expected from MGW) and all the shifts are firm and very positive.

I've had the opportunity to compare several of the aftermarket shifters and the MGW Race Spec blows the competition away.

Form, function, fit and finish are all top notch....

THANKS for a great product George!

Thanks for the kind words !!!!

George

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
So does this not mount to the body of the car anymore? Any chance this might actually reduce NVH, or atleast not add any?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back