Horrible customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikt79

Reaction score
Purchased a Strut tower brace on 5/15, noticed on 5/21 that it went on sale for $30.00 off. Called up and they told me I had to call back the next day as someone that could price match it was not in the office.
Called back again and they told me they will not price match it but that I could return it at my cost and buy it again at the lower price.
This is just another reason why to purchase from a better vendor.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
So they didn't honor a sale they weren't having when you bought it, those bastards!

erikt79

Reaction score
ArtQ, most honorable companies would price match themselves within 6 days. American Muscle and Brenspeed have as well as any company that I would go to locally.

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
ArtQ, most honorable companies would price match themselves within 6 days. American Muscle and Brenspeed have as well as any company that I would go to locally.

I see where ya coming from but different companies have different policies. They offered to let you return it ad get for the sale price. Is this part keeping you from being able to drive?

erikt79

Reaction score
Its not keeping me from being able to drive, and shipping would be $18 so it's pretty much not worth shipping back. Honestly the money isn't the issue it's more of how they treat customers. I will just make sure to no longer patronize their business and refer others not to as well.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Calm down. You were fine with the price when you bought the part.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
6 posts, half of which are complaining about a stb sold by one of our more reputable vendors. CJPP isnt a big corporate seller, theyre more of a successful mom and pop shop that imho has some of the best customer service as well as some of the most down to earth employees that have no problem going out of their way to help people, as well as having loads of tech and racing knowledge. maybe you dont belong here op

erikt79

Reaction score
Just because I don't post a lot doesn't mean anything. I have bought from vendors on here as well as other users, spending over 6000 in the past 5 months. As for the customer service and knowledge, I question both of them. They tried to tell me the STB does not fit my vehicle when it is one of the ONLY ones that fits. Not sure how you claim they have no problem going out of their way to help when they couldn't refund a price difference well within their 90 day return.

Count

forum member
Reaction score
Mainly because you are not entitled to a refund on the price difference on an item that was bought before it went on sale. What would the purpose be of having a sale if every joe shmow can call afterwards requesting a price difference refund... are you serious? Shit I've spent over 20k in the last 6 months...where are my refunds...just wow... :thud:

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Just because I don't post a lot doesn't mean anything. I have bought from vendors on here as well as other users, spending over 6000 in the past 5 months. As for the customer service and knowledge, I question both of them. They tried to tell me the STB does not fit my vehicle when it is one of the ONLY ones that fits. Not sure how you claim they have no problem going out of their way to help when they couldn't refund a price difference well within their 90 day return.

When you purchased your part you were obviously happy with the price (or at least happy enough to buy it). You entered into an agreement to receive X part for Y price. You are not entitled to a partial refund because it goes on sale a week later. It's not bad customer service to refuse that, either. You want the company to take money out of their pocket to appease you, which is absolutely ridiculous. CJ already gives a very good discount to forum members, yet you're going to complain that they didn't give you cash back because something went on sale a week after purchase?

I don't think you'd like it if a week later they came back and said "uhh hey, we're going to need another $30 for that part you bought last week." Why should you essentially do the same to them?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I get where the OP is coming from but at the same time I wouldn't get mad or upset. It wouldn't hurt to ask the vendor and if they said sorry or whatever's I would have just been like ah well, maybe next time.

You are confusing them with major department stores or something.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I totally agree with the OP.

I had steak for dinner Friday night and on Saturday, I shit it out.
Took the heaping pile of shit back for a refund (after all, it was my steak) and they declined!
The bastards!!!

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Purchased a Strut tower brace on 5/15, noticed on 5/21 that it went on sale for $30.00 off. Called up and they told me I had to call back the next day as someone that could price match it was not in the office.
Called back again and they told me they will not price match it but that I could return it at my cost and buy it again at the lower price.

You are expecting too much in my view. They owe you is that part I just don't get.

You bought it when it was a higher price, and that is that.

What is "HORRIBLE" about THEM? NOTHING in my view.

It's your perspective that is bad in my view. Timing is everything, you missed their sale, move along my friend.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
You are expecting too much in my view. They owe you is that part I just don't get.

You bought it when it was a higher price, and that is that.

What is "HORRIBLE" about THEM? NOTHING in my view.

It's your perspective that is bad in my view. Timing is everything, you missed their sale, move along my friend.

This.

This is just like how I get some customer that get upset because they buy a car for the bottom dollar I can sell it, and then a new or increased rebate comes out from the factory, and all of sudden I'M the bad guy? Please tell me how it's MY fault the rebates changed and the timing was such that YOU weren't able to take advantage of it.

:headbashing:

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
This is a 50/50 thing most accomplished companies will honor the price drop like AM or Dell, heck Newegg has a 30 day guarantee... I could only imagine that these companies that don't are alot smaller and can't afford to lose those 10-30$

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
All this over $30? Really? If it was $300, I could maybe see why, but just $30?

mmorningstar

forum member
Reaction score
I'm local to CJ's but I'll occasionally buy from other vendors. CJ's does throw a great customer appreciation day with free hot dogs, drinks, etc. and I know they have given back a lot to the local community over the years.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I BET if they knew ^^^ this guy ^^^ was gunna have his panties in a wad they'd give him a few dogs and his $30.

geez

can someone post them a link to this?

they should know...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What a load of shit. Deal with it. Just another person with an entitled mentality. People have to learn that some times you miss the sale. It happens. Tough shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back