roush lower grille delete

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
i ordered the open high flow 2013 roush grille delete

doesnt come with directions

I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW IT INSTALLS!
pretty straight forward issue; anyone have any hints/tips/tricks
to figure this thing out before i pull the bumper off and start the projecT?

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
mikeyfitz on here has installed one. I guess the bumper has to come off.

Did you order it directly from Roush?

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
No I didnt I messaged mikeyfitz he gave me some good direction. Pain in the rear ;(

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
i did not pull my bumper to install nor did i cut itbto have it fit... and it fits like a charm

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
i did not pull my bumper to install nor did i cut itbto have it fit... and it fits like a charm

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Your talking about the roush lower grille. I'm talking about the roush lower grille delete

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Details and pics would be nice. I'm considering doing the purchase/install.

Hill bank motorsports sells the pieces
Does not come with directions but I'll post the details that mikeyfitz sent me
And some pictures. The way I did it is really "ghetto" but it works for me.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Hill bank motorsports sells the pieces
Does not come with directions but I'll post the details that mikeyfitz sent me
And some pictures. The way I did it is really "ghetto" but it works for me.

LOL!

I've been having my sights on one just not clear on how clean the install is. Awaiting detailed pics and thanks!

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have some decent instructions I sent him. And I had pics but lost em lol. It's annoying but it works eventually.

I'm kinda pissed they got released though, I liked being one of like 3

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
LOL!

I've been having my sights on one just not clear on how clean the install is. Awaiting detailed pics and thanks!

it looks clean on the outside, but once you start there really is no going back unless you order a new bumper.

directions via mikeyfitz
First things first.
Pull of the bumper, and old grille. Take a dremel with cutting discs, air saw, body saw, whatever you want and cut all the tabs to be as flush as you can possibly make them.

2nd
The flat metal piece with the holes goes underneath the opening of the lower grille. You'll see the indention where it becomes "flush" with the lower part of the opening. Get it to sit right on there, and then drill the holes for those screws to go into it. Once you have those screwed in and tight you're almost done.

3rd
Next start mocking up the grille into the opening, find a spot where you like how it sits, mark the sides where the tabs click in and cut the opening as such. Once you have each side with open slits, click the grill into place. It may not sit completely flush on the front, thats fine, it'll get pushed down and stuck into place with the 3M tape later. (Make sure you have it creased out so you can pull the red cover off the tape)

4th
Go ahead and install the crossmember looking piece behind the bumper support, make sure to mount the rods that hangdown off the 4 nuts as well, facing towards the front of the car to fit I am pretty positive.

5th
Go and put the bumper back into place, and now you'll see those rods hanging down from the crossmember line up with the holes on that flat metal piece, once you tighten those into place it will push the grill down and make it flush onto the lower opening, then peel the tape, apply the pressure to it, and you should have 0 issues.

ill get some pictures up tomorrow of the 2 metal pieces

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Sub'd! Mines on the way. I'll post pics and add to this thread when I get it done

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I'm kinda pissed they got released though, I liked being one of like 3

Didn't you get yours off of eBay?

It's still not "release" yet. It's just being sold in shady ways on eBay by some people. Lol. I love it, get it while you can. :beerdrink:

alinkous

forum member
Reaction score
OOO I didnt even realize it came with the top piece... not that it really matters on a black car that much.... Now I can really do a full roush front end. Sorry wallet.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
The top piece makes the mouth seem bigger, mines coming with it

Just found out that mine did not come with the upper piece, but I'm being told that its just a sticker and nothing really necessary. I like it without it anyways, and if I do end up wanting to black out the top sliver I can do that on my own with some ingenuity. :)

Last edited:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
My "pre released kit"

Roush currently released kit with black sticker

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I took a pic of this actual R3 yesterday at our local Acadamy Sporting good store. I should have taken a pic of the whole car but it was 6,000 degrees outside so I said screw it!!! lol

No "top piece" but it sure looked good!!!!

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I don't think that's a RS3, has no fogs. No intercooler either

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back