Wire Tuck Thread

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I'm wayyyyy too ADD to tackle this. I would want it done in 5 minutes lol!

Hehehe.. just have to relax and take your time, takes plenty of patience's to do this type of project. looking forward to the op's project,will definitely help in the future for doing the rest of my wire tuck project...

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
this always looks so badass once complete

cant wait for more pics :D

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I was just using painters blue tape to label everything so far and it is holding up well. I am going to be extending all of the wires tonight and mounting the computer. Should be pretty close after that.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I was just using painters blue tape to label everything so far and it is holding up well. I am going to be extending all of the wires tonight and mounting the computer. Should be pretty close after that.
Sounds like you have got it covered! congrats! looking forward to the latest pictures,Glad the painters tape is working out for you, the regular masking tape was just getting to dirty and the ink tried to smear, so I did the other tape method with no problems.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
need more pictures!!! J/K looking good RJ. Can't wait to see this in person. Always been something I wanted to try.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Well I lenthened the headlight harness tonight. Very time consuming. Just take your time and make sure all the connections are tight. I soldered all of the connections with shrink tube except the 14 gauge ones, there were a little thick to twist. I ended up using butt splices with shrink tubing built in on those 3.

Here's the finished pic. I extended them all around 3 feet so they would make it into the passenger floorboard.
2ega3asu.jpg

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well I lenthened the headlight harness tonight. Very time consuming. Just take your time and make sure all the connections are tight. I soldered all of the connections with shrink tube except the 14 gauge ones, there were a little thick to twist. I ended up using butt splices with shrink tubing built in on those 3.

Here's the finished pic. I extended them all around 3 feet so they would make it into the passenger floorboard.
2ega3asu.jpg

Awesome job, the only difference I would have soldered the 14 gauge wire also,even though it's a lot heavier wire ,it can be soldered, just makes for a better connection. I don't trust just a but connector,but with solder the connection is complete. Thanks for doing this write up, this gives me something to do later down the road,want to get the car back together and running first to enjoy it, but then once summer is close to over,I'll be doing the rest of my wire tuck..

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Got everything extended and the intake back on. Had to extend the front two COP plugs on the driver side but that was it.
a3u3ura2.jpg

u6e7ytas.jpg

e6utedas.jpg

a9u8yse4.jpg

dy2a3y8e.jpg

pulled the fender and that's where I stopped for the night. I want to say thanks to DWalker15 for helping me out along the way this week!
udevu8uh.jpg

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Thanks John! Just ordered the battery box and cables. Damn the cables are expensive! $75 for a 15' positive and a 3' ground wire. Both are 1 gauge

Hell yea they are! Mine have been sitting here since December lol.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Hope your going to wrap the wires better,Pictures aren't the clearest to see your progress,congrats on getting it done... I didn't move the fuse box or computer on mine yet,but i had a lot more wires to extend ,far as coils and injectors , cam sensors, the maf and a few others.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Hope your going to wrap the wires better,Pictures aren't the clearest to see your progress,congrats on getting it done... I didn't move the fuse box or computer on mine yet,but i had a lot more wires to extend ,far as coils and injectors , cam sensors, the maf and a few others.

Which ones are you talking about wrapping?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back