2015 due to drop a minimum of 400lbs?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Completely different chassis...

It's narrower and not as long.

Different materials being used, the article stated Ford expects the car to be 10% more expensive.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Not the 10% more expensive part!

I do like the prospect of a smaller car though. If I wanted a boat I'd have a Challenger.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i havent even seen it yet but based on whats being said (irs, narrower body, shorter wheelbase, last v8) i want one. im really liking the narrower body bit since getting in and out of my driveway between the two houses is an ass puckering experience. even with agent 47 mirrors

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I know a few people working on the S550 project (no I don't have pictures) and I have been under the new chassis. I've picked up a few snipits of information.

The wheelbase/track width are almost identical.

The front/rear overhangs are a little shorter.

The car this is going to be 400# lighter will be what SVT is releasing, or one of the ones they are releasing. I heard it is with the use of copious amounts of carbon fiber. It will not be inexpensive.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
i havent even seen it yet but based on whats being said (irs, narrower body, shorter wheelbase, last v8) i want one. im really liking the narrower body bit since getting in and out of my driveway between the two houses is an ass puckering experience. even with agent 47 mirrors

My question is where is that width coming from.

Center console? Already pretty narrow.

Seats? Unlikely as they're barely big enough for a lot of customers.

Doors? The most probable in my book. They're fairly thick now. That probably means no more 8" subs in the door however.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I know a few people working on the S550 project (no I don't have pictures) and I have been under the new chassis. I've picked up a few snipits of information.

The wheelbase/track width are almost identical.

The front/rear overhangs are a little shorter.

The car this is going to be 400# lighter will be what SVT is releasing, or one of the ones they are releasing. I heard it is with the use of copious amounts of carbon fiber. It will not be inexpensive.

fuck

My question is where is that width coming from.

Center console? Already pretty narrow.

Seats? Unlikely as they're barely big enough for a lot of customers.

Doors? The most probable in my book. They're fairly thick now. That probably means no more 8" subs in the door however.

thats fine with me. it takes me almost two minutes to get ten feet out of my driveway

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Oh yeah, word is that one or both of the SVT cars will have 10.5" wide front wheels and 13" wide rears. They are going to have some serious rubber on them!

I highly doubt it will be narrower than the S197. I actually thought it looked wider when I was under it.

HIVOLTJ

Reaction score
That's one hell of an enema.

Supposed to be more New Edge - like in proportions.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back