O.D. (Inches) : 1.750"
O.D. (Metric) : 44.450 mm
Important Information: Cylinder Block & Head
1 49/64"
Steel

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Question? if some 3v engines didn't use the phasers and solenoids, can we get valve covers that will fit our engines that don't have solenoid knockouts in the valve cover?
If so, anyone know what vehicles used that engine. I would get a set of covers for a backup motor I will be building.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
yeah that stuff makes me want to go back to the plastic ones and use RTV behind It.

RTV? People use RTV with the tensioners?

Question? if some 3v engines didn't use the phasers and solenoids, can we get valve covers that will fit our engines that don't have solenoid knockouts in the valve cover?
If so, anyone know what vehicles used that engine. I would get a set of covers for a backup motor I will be building.

But then you can get the nice powder coated and laser etched ones. lol

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the only 3V engines that didn't use the VCT are the V10's.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Will the valve covers off a 2v motor fit with the VCT solenoid gone? It's the same motor, different valve configuration.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Nah, you cut a middle hump and re-weld, lol.

Exactly what I thought :beer:

Does anyone have two of the valve cover VCT seal off freeze plugs they're willing to send to me? The manufacturer listed in the previous posts only sells them in packs of 12, and not singles anymore.

From Summit, "On your order for SLP-381-3075, the manufacture is no longer doing these as singles. They are only doing these in quantities of twelve"

Already picked up the V10 block off plates for $57 on the pair.

NAPA should sell you two.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
RTV? People use RTV with the tensioners

Not that I have seen. I am not most people though. If its not the norm, I am okay with that.

The plastic tensioners seem to always fail at the gasket. Small bead of RTV would solve that issue. The factory gasket must be to soft.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Will the valve covers off a 2v motor fit with the VCT solenoid gone? It's the same motor, different valve configuration.

The 2V heads are VERY different. There's no way they would work.

What about the early truck motors? I think my grandparents 05 F-150 is a 3V without VCT.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk
The early truck 3V's (04-06) were absolutely VCT. They were the ones with all the phaser problems that started the TSB. I'll bet I've sold over a hundred phasers for those over the last few years.

If there is a 3V that doesn't have VCT, it's not for U.S. production. The VCT is what allows that motor to not have an EGR system. If it doesn't have VCT, then it has to have EGR. And I don't think I've seen a 3V motor with an EGR system

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
so anyways.... what was the noise crown?

Pulled Tranny. As soon as I have it back I am going to dig in. Hoping it is not related to the bullshit thrust washer. ...

I am suspecting a lash adjuster is having hard time priming. They are also all new at rebuild

if so fuggit... I will go with jesel hardware and call it done

Last edited:

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
What is this Jesel hardware I keep reading in posts about???

I'm going a full rebuild and I would prefer to use grade AA parts. lol

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
What is this Jesel hardware I keep reading in posts about???

I'm going a full rebuild and I would prefer to use grade AA parts. lol

Ohhh it is grade AAA stuff. They are super high end lash adjusters and followers. Kind of stuff you see in NASCAR. And priced to the point if you have to ask.... you can't afford (as the saying goes).

I think to get the complete setup you are around $4k unless they came down. The followers are around $100/ea. (24 of them on the 3v). I think the adjusters are a little cheaper if you buy in a set with the followers. They have two different styles of follower (rockers for you old guys lol). One is setup for the jesel lash adjuster (lifter for you old guys lol) and one setup to use the oem lash adjuster.

If spending the money I would just get the complete jesel setup. They look a bit more difficult to setup but would be worth the effort

Last edited:

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Here is some detailed info on the NAPA freeze plug:

Part Number: SEP 3813075
Product Line: Sealed Power Engine Parts
Attributes: Expansion Plug
Type : Cup
Type (Deep) Material : Steel
O.D. (Inches) : 1.750"
O.D. (Metric) : 44.450 mm
Important Information: Cylinder Block & Head
1 49/64"
Steel

Good info, I just ordered those freeze plugs from Napa, will have them by this afternoon, no issues with quantity can buy 1 or more. The block off plates will be in on Monday, cost me $65.00 for the pair for the plates cause my local Ford dealer doesn't deal like Tousley in pricing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back