Just wanted to share my mustang

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Ebay, the only issue is now the tread pitch doesnt allow the shift knob to finish correctly so the shift pattern design/logo is not centered.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Ebay, the only issue is now the tread pitch doesnt allow the shift knob to finish correctly so the shift pattern design/logo is not centered.

can you use a small black jam nut? or the smallest nut you can find that's threaded the same and paint it black?

I have a jam nut on my shifter and when I swap shifter balls sometimes I have to adjust it.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I emailed the guy to see what he says as well. Sharp ride by the way!!

Do you have the original keys? You need two of them in order to program the transponder chip yourself.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Badass car! Keep us updated on what else you do.

Thanks man! Especially from a former Saleen owner!

I'm thinking of putting the chevrons as the car feels naked without...

Also Saleen did give me free banner decal with the purchase of the kit lol

can you use a small black jam nut? or the smallest nut you can find that's threaded the same and paint it black?

I have a jam nut on my shifter and when I swap shifter balls sometimes I have to adjust it.

Yeah I was thinking that but couldn't find the correct size. I'm also looking for the same knob design but those that you hold down by screwing the small allen head screw at the bottom.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have the original keys? You need two of them in order to program the transponder chip yourself.

I do, it's just the site states 2010+ Mustangs, so just want to be sure. So you just had a guy cut the key and used the two originals to program the new chip? What about the FOB, how does that get programmed to the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The guy just answered me about the key and said it does work on a 2006. Guess I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I only have 1 original key so i'm assuming i'll have to have the dealer program the new keys?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I only have 1 original key so i'm assuming i'll have to have the dealer program the new keys?

Yup, two original keys are needed. So the options are

A. Go to the dealer and get it programmed.
B. Go to home depot, purchase a new key and have it programmed then use the original key, new key from Home Depot to program your new ebay key.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
No, not the fob. Well not sure about your Home Depot, but mine, they sell oem spec (meaning not original but close to it) blank keys for Ford, GM, and etc. And they can program the key for your using your original key. This way you will now have two programmed keys. Now you can program the the third one (the ebay key) in your car yourself following the instructions I posted.

Why not just ask HD to program your ebay key? Well they wouldn't do it for me, as its not in there system, they don't want to be liable, their policies this and that.

But to save all the headache and hassle, I would just go to the Ford Dealer and ask them.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Key/Fob works flawlessly...thanks for the link. Went to Lowe's and they cut it for free, came home programmed it and good to go. Attached are the instructions I used. Remember, you have to program "ALL" your FOBs, not just the new one.

Attachments

• Key fob.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Did the fuel filter/hose upgrade today:
usy3u2e3.jpg

uje5uber.jpg

Left the oem hard lines, was too lazy to remove it.

posted via Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Installed American muscle's radiator extension covers. The color and texture is completely off though.
pyvu6a4u.jpg

ezajy7a2.jpg

Also put GT500 fuel rails and cleaned up the pcv routing a bit.
yhuvuzys.jpg

Before:
edebejeg.jpg

epy5u8er.jpg

After:
evu5y8um.jpg

ytuny7ar.jpg

posted via Tapatalk

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Installed American muscle's radiator extension covers. The color and texture is completely off though.

posted via Tapatalk

Yep, it annoys me and they don't fit that well either.. but still better for me than the headlight clip I had to fix

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back