'14 GT Automatic - drag racing results from a few simple mods

kingcobra323

Reaction score
A couple of my friends removed there converters when adding TVS and have seen 1.48 60fts. One tried it with and said it was way to hard to hook at the track

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
A couple of my friends removed there converters when adding TVS and have seen 1.48 60fts. One tried it with and said it was way to hard to hook at the track

I still have my factory converter to try, if I decide to go with a PD blower.

kingcobra323

Reaction score
Nice If only I could go blower lol NA is expensive especially when your trying to buy another house

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score

With the TVS I went 1.42 60s on the stock gears and converter.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I never did do converter, but got a real dyno tune done. Track was packed Friday night and tons of accidents as it was also a qualifying round for the next day so the street tune guys got the shaft. Only 2 runs in from 830-11. 2nd run track cooled off too much and was too cold out as hit 45 and terrible run.

However, first run I did not get my tires warm enough so only a 2.008 in 60 ft, am generally in 1.9s. But did an all time best of 12.494 @ 114.11 MPH! I had one time a 112 every other time was 111 in previous times out. So got some real horsepower pick up and transmission is now tuned finally. At 114 and I get my launch down I think I maybe in the 12.3s

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Any 60' times before the blower?

I only had my car in 2011 for one month before I put a TVS on it. Back then the car went 12.24@114 tune only, and 1.89-1.90 60s.

TVS is gone now and well see what she does with a baby converter and a turbo.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
sharing info with each other helps us all beat those pesky Camaros & imports!
Amen, sharing what works helps us all represent Ford in a good way imo. In the 60's / 70's it seems everyone liked to dis on Ford's performance because they came across a poor running Mustang or other muscle Ford, and I think it is because there was probably 5 Chevys to 1, or 2 Fords at a red-light / track, or whatever, and because of the lack of the internet, the Ford guys were experimenting like alot of us would be without the internet, and the the Chevy guys were simply talking to each other about what worked and what didn't work on his particular 350, lol!

STEVEB

Reaction score
This thread has been a great help and has helped me with what to do next, currently I've installed a 3.73 gear, Roush cold air and a canned SCT tune to get the speedo back in line, Best E.T. to date is a 12.45 @ 112mph, that was a 40 deg. day in October.

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_203139 (3).jpg
    IMG_20160429_203139 (3).jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 11

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
This thread has been a great help and has helped me with what to do next, currently I've installed a 3.73 gear, Roush cold air and a canned SCT tune to get the speedo back in line, Best E.T. to date is a 12.45 @ 112mph, that was a 40 deg. day in October.

I'll start modding again soon, so hopefully I'll more info to share. Looks like your GT is a duplicate to my car. Glass roof? Ruby Red!

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
I raced at Pacific Raceways two nights ago. My worst pass was an 11.88. Also ran an 11.87, 11.86, and 11.78 (only got 4 passes as it was crazy busy there). It's a great feeling to beat some dedicated racecars that were trailered in with my mildly modded daily driver!

Whats the typical DA there? (or when you ran last)

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score

Ha, ha! I think it's time for long tube headers and a re-tune. My wife is just about okay with it. She kinda put a hold on mods since I bought the '16 Challenger, but I keep reminding her that I bought the Dodge to be my winter beater & daily driver so we can focus time & money on racing the Mustang!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Whats the typical DA there? (or when you ran last)

We're near sea level (under 250') at both of our local tracks. In the spring & fall, the DA ranges from just under sea level to a few hundred feet above sea level. Pretty common to run 300-900' DA.

Summertime DA can get into the 2500' range. In good DA I can run 11.60's all day, while it'll slow down to 11.80's in the middle of summer when temps are in the mid 80's to mid 90's with too much humidity.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Five oh brian, what are you using for wheels / tires at the track these days. I've been using the sve dark-stars with Hoosier quick time pros with pretty good grip, but they're now ruined, and I need a new set of tires for the 15" track rims. I see alot of fast stuff wearing actual radials lately, alot of ET street radial pros, and ET street R's. My bias ply qtp's weren't a handful at all as far as swaying and stuff like that, and since these are going to turn into "track onlys", a full slick doesn't bother me either, unless it's of no advantage over a street legal radial of course.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Ha, ha! I think it's time for long tube headers and a re-tune. My wife is just about okay with it. She kinda put a hold on mods since I bought the '16 Challenger, but I keep reminding her that I bought the Dodge to be my winter beater & daily driver so we can focus time & money on racing the Mustang!

Am jealous, I would do long tube headers but NJ inspection is a 50-50 if pass or not. Get wrong guy at inspection station and does his job of a visual inspection and your screwed. Only way to pass then is to take it off. Long tube headers would definitely get me to my goal of 11.9s!

How do you like your challenger?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back