Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
As most of you know I bought a new 2014 GT/CS yesterday (with a little help from my friends) and several of you asked for pics. I figured I would go ahead and start a new build thread since my plan of keeping it stock probably isn't going to last very long. As with the Bullitt, I want to focus on handling and fixing the little things first and adding power later. The 2014 is so much more refined than the Bullitt so I don't want to turn it into a race car. I think I went too far with the Bullitt so this time I'm not going to push it quite so far.

I located this car at William Mizell Ford just outside of Augusta, GA. It's a small dealership with friendly staff that have all been there a long time. They went out of their way to take care of me and I was very happy with the entire purchasing experience. I ended up getting the car for about $100 over invoice and that was without any haggling. Without asking they filled the tank up for me while I was signing paperwork even though they knew I was loading it on a trailer to take home.

I was sleep deprived and didn't take any pictures of the car on the trailer at the dealership. I did, however, take it for a drive over to MGW which is only 20 miles away and picked up my new shifter for the MT-82. George was there and gave me a personal tour of the facility, and his staff threw some extra swag in the box with my shifter. Awesome place and George showed me a new shifter handle he's working on with the boxed look of the Hurst handle. It's a fantastic looking piece and will be available as soon as he lines up somebody to provide the custom boots to fit it. I'm hoping Mike from Amustangrocks Leather might be able to hook up with George as he can provide the quality to make it work, as well as give his business a nice boost.

Anyway, on to the car. I drove the shit out of it today and put almost 200 miles on it. Car has 245 on the clock now and I should beat Darren's total mileage sometime tomorrow afternoon. I will replace the shifter in about a week or two once I get rid of the Bullitt and get my garage back. I also need to pick up hood struts and a dead pedal. Is there a dead pedal that matches the nice polished Ford pedals? I had a Scott Drake in the Bullitt and it was nice but didn't match exactly. I am also thinking about an aluminum driveshaft although this one isn't clunking yet.

The car handles great, better than the Bullitt even without any mods yet. I want to be slow and careful with suspension mods because I don't want this car turning into a race car. I will likely end up swapping the Bullitt springs onto the car to get rid of the 4x4 look and may do lower control arms and relocation brackets just to keep everything in the correct geometry but nothing drastic. If I get the BMR relocation brackets I'll have to grind off the bottom 2" and just use the first lowering hole.

The transmission works great so far. The gearing is much lower than the T56 Magnum as I am pulling over 5K rpm in 4th to hit 100mph. With the Bullitt I could almost hit 100 in third. And this one has 3.55 gears compared to the Bullitt's 3.73. I think a taller rear tire will help that as well as fill up the wheel well a little better.

OK, enough typing. Here's my pics of my dirty new car. I put over 200 miles on it since yesterday morning so I have lots of bug guts on it.

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

windowsticker.jpg

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
What size plug do I need to plug off the sound tube on the air intake? What a silly piece of clutter on an otherwise nice looking engine bay. I need to hit Ace Hardware this week to address that.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm friends with Justin at VMP and he has a TVS waiting for me whenever I want it. I'm in no hurry to drop a blower on this motor but when I do it will be a new TVS. This time around I'm not buying used engine or performance parts. But thanks for the offer!

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
bout time.

know what that car needs? air ride :D

DonkeyLips

forum member
Reaction score
SPRacing makes some very nice pedals which includes the dead pedal.

Maybe more than you want to do, but thought I would throw it out there.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I ran bullitt springs and only got about a 3/4 inch drop. I eventually went with these http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Lowering-Spring-Kit-Extreme-2005-2012.html when I was running stock struts and shocks. They were very well balanced and rode great. The only reason i didn't like the bullitt springs was it wasnt enough of a drop and i still had that nasty wheel gap especially in the rear. I am currently running the roush with some koni str.t;s and i cannot complain one bit. The car doesn't look 'lowered' but sits how it should have sat from the factory.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
What size plug do I need to plug off the sound tube on the air intake? What a silly piece of clutter on an otherwise nice looking engine bay. I need to hit Ace Hardware this week to address that.

Is that the big corrugated vacuum cleaner hose thing?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian car looks great congratulations yet again. I will be following the "I'm not going to push it quite so far" build to see how long it takes you to waiver from the straight and narrow path! lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Scott, you're a terrible influence on me!
Shane, yes. It looks like the tubing from a small shop vac. The first link posted by ford20 shows the sound tubing.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Awwwww yeah.

Looks killer Brian. I have a customer who is looking for the exact car now and only one closest to what they are looking for is in NJ.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back