S197Forum Challenge Coin Anyone??

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, kicking around the idea of a challenge coin. Obviously, Kimmer would need to give a thumbs up.

First off, an artist I am not LOL!

Being site owner has certain perks! Kimmer, if you squint hard, that is your mustang launching. It would of course be grabber orange.

I stole the mailed fist from SAC. They don't need it anymore, since the fighter mafia won that fight! I think it reflects well how the forum treats newcomers, olive branch if you try, lightning bolts if not.

Que Mellius Illac means "In pursuit of [being] the best", as far as I can translate latin :)

There are usually rules for their award, but lets see if their is any interest first.

Maybe one of our resident artists could punch my "art" up :)

img005_zps0fd7b67f.jpg

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Is that actual size? lol There was a coin struck on the IMBOC site a few years back they sold out over there very quick. The idea is if you are approached by another member of the site at an event and can't produce your coin you buy the next round.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that actual size? lol There was a coin struck on the IMBOC site a few years back they sold out over there very quick. The idea is if you are approached by another member of the site at an event and can't produce your coin you buy the next round.

I would be more inclined to having to earn the coin, but lets see what everyone wants.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
How about two coins:

1 for purchase and 1 special award coin?

Special award coin>general coin>no coin

The general coin would support the program..... Anyway just a thought......

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The artwork is just the rough idea that would be given to the coinmaker. Their art department would make it worthy.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
If there's serious interest in producing this, my freelance schedule right now is open enough to at least get some rough comps done.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If there's serious interest in producing this, my freelance schedule right now is open enough to at least get some rough comps done.

I thought about pinging you, but it looks like most coin makes include the artwork in the fee. Hate to have you waste your skills.

Besides, I punched it up! :roflmao:

img006_zps11b2ac3f.jpg

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I thought about pinging you, but it looks like most coin makes include the artwork in the fee. Hate to have you waste your skills.

Besides, I punched it up! :roflmao:

img006_zps11b2ac3f.jpg

Yep. That's ready for the mint!

They include artwork in the fee, but the better original artwork you can send them as a reference, the better the end result will be.

You can build a 9-second Buick, but a Mustang would be a much better platform to start with. It's all about where you start from!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's ready for the mint!

They include artwork in the fee, but the better original artwork you can send them as a reference, the better the end result will be.

You can build a 9-second Buick, but a Mustang would be a much better platform to start with. It's all about where you start from!

Well, lets see what the guys say. Fair amount reading, comments for or against not really showing up.

If you want to tinker with perfection, hell yes :thumb2: The SAC mailed fist could be copied and pasted, but I am not really set up for that stuff.

travelers

Reaction score
I'm in also at least to add to my other coins. I have one from the 95 Fighter Sq. that has a skull hologram in the center. No idea what they went for because I received it for helping them on a fighter drag.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can get the coins made and as I am Ryan said the better the artwork to begin with the better the final results.

Andrew

Www.abemblem.com

The plot thickens!

I have been thinking some about anyone buy VS award for merit. Funding wise, anyone buys would definitely be the easiest. Would definitely be a fun way to show pride at being a member and maybe help defray some cost of running the forum. If Andrews company could build and sell, it takes the who will handle/sell/keep track of inventory issue. I think fallenauthority, as one guy, definitely got overwhelmed some by the forum stickers.

Award wise, could still member fund raise, but the who/when awarding would probably be a mod(s).

Kimmer and mods definitely welcome to chime in.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
The plot thickens!

I have been thinking some about anyone buy VS award for merit. Funding wise, anyone buys would definitely be the easiest. Would definitely be a fun way to show pride at being a member and maybe help defray some cost of running the forum. If Andrews company could build and sell, it takes the who will handle/sell/keep track of inventory issue. I think fallenauthority, as one guy, definitely got overwhelmed some by the forum stickers.

Award wise, could still member fund raise, but the who/when awarding would probably be a mod(s).

Kimmer and mods definitely welcome to chime in.

I can pay the front end costs, hold the inventory and handle sales.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back