MT 305/35/20 fitment?

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, i also think the newer 11+ mustangs fit the bigger tires better. Looks a tad more proportionate than the earlier s197.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I think it looks good. i'd agree with you about some not liking it, just like mine. I looked at mine and thought maybe I went to big with the sidewall but it seemed like it rode better but it might have been in my head. I do dig the entire fender well being taken up.

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
I dig it, i want to see if a machine shop can take a few mm off my rear hubs to make it 42ish offset. Then i will definitely go the 305 route. If you say it rides better, than im game for that too. When you get the 275 on the front i bet that will change the ride alot as well.

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
Scratching the machine shop idea. I don't think there is enough material to shave and still be safe.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
the tires came in today and should be getting put on tomorrow. just like with the backs, I look at them and think damn they look big..wonder if they're gonna fit.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I posted a lot of Pictures on my Mickey Thompson thread. It shows the 305 and 275 MT tires on the MT SC-5 wheels.

The same exact MT wheels and tires I have.

I don't have mine installed yet because my Bullitt Mustang is at Brenspeed.

Terry

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
just wanted to finish this up and post the pics of the front 275/35/20 MT's on the front. it really tied it all in. Thanks again guys.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
LOL, nah my wife took some pics tonight while at a car show so i'll be posting some more pics in the pic section tomorrow morning.

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
Ok :) im going to photoshop your car black without a wing and see what it will look like for my car lol

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
David,

Your Mustang with the new M/T tires looks really-really good :thumb2:

Terry

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Thanks Terry, had several people come up to me at the car show that just know the car from seeing it in town and say they like the new wheels. I was surprised people I didn't know paid that that much attention to know I changed wheels.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Terry, had several people come up to me at the car show that just know the car from seeing it in town and say they like the new wheels. I was surprised people I didn't know paid that that much attention to know I changed wheels.
David,

People do pay more attention than sometimes we think.

I think since we own the Mustangs it is easy for us to get used to what they look like.

Other people though see them as we change things and do catch those changes.

Once gain I really like the way the new M/T tires look on your Yellow Mustang. :thumb2:

You did good,
Terry

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
So after putting in some mileage have you had any rubbing while doing some spirited driving?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
none at all and ive bottomed it out on the bumpstops in the back twice. there are 2 bad dips on a road I travel sometimes so I went out to it and tried. the wheel offset and tire size are perfect for clearance in my opinion.

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
Your springs are what 1.3" lower in rear? Have you modified the bumpstops? I had to with my pro kit as the car was just about sitting on them.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
im really not sure vogtland springs dropped it, I didn't take any off the original bumpstops when i lowered it. It was on my list of things to do that i never did. looking at them in person i think the car could be a little lower and still not have a problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back