S550 4 Pistons on S197 Car

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
There is no caliper bracket. These are set up like the 4P brembos, where they are threaded to accept the bolts. Just get the calipers and go.

If these bolt and center, I doubt there are different spindles for the PP so a 6 piston should bolt and center too maybe?

I would imagine so, but would probably need S197 15" rotors. Looks like the S550 have different part numbers for the rotors.

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
There is no caliper bracket. These are set up like the 4P brembos, where they are threaded to accept the bolts. Just get the calipers and go.

I would imagine so, but would probably need S197 15" rotors. Looks like the S550 have different part numbers for the rotors.

ah ok, i didn't know thats how the brembos are, interesting adn very awesome. definitely a great upgrade.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, they are mine.

Are they centered to the rotor? Hard to tell by the pics. Reason I ask is, I know the S550 rotors are completely different, with the outboard venting instead of inboard on the rotor hats.

Kelly any chance you can test the s550 rotor on an s197 to see if I can just order the full s550 package. I have it priced out on tasca for under 600 lines pads everything

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If I get a chance to stop by BMR this week, I can try it this following weekend. I should be able to drop by Thursday if Kelly isn't too busy slangin traction.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Now lets figure out how to put these on the rears of the s197!!
ohhh yeah!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I'd be interested too if it offered any advantage over the factory S197 Brembo's. We need some crazy people to test it out.

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
i'd like to see a comparisons between these and the standard Brembo. specifically the width. my brembo are about 1/4" from hitting the spokes so if they are wider might not fit.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
I won't be able to make it happen this week, but I will order in the S550 caliper, flex hose, and rotor to compare on my 07 that already has the S197 14" Brembos. I have 18x9.5" Steeda Pentar and 18x10" SVE Drift wheels to test fit over them.

cheers
Ed

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
As mentioned, will not happen right away as I have a Chumpcar race at Watkins Glen this coming week, then All-Fords at Carlisle is not long after that, have to get my newly acquired Turbo Coupe ready for the 7-hour drive there.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back