BBB Winter Build - KISS or...

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
To thank the guys at Livernois for the piston good will, and to save me a few bucks, I purchased the billet oil pump gear from them.

Attachments

• Livernois Billit Oil Pump Gear 2.jpg
    Livernois Billit Oil Pump Gear 2.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 18

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Livernois rods by Manley aren't new to me, but they are cleaned up and ready to go.

Attachments

• Livernois Stroker Rods 2.jpg
    Livernois Stroker Rods 2.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Livernois Stroker Rods.jpg
    Livernois Stroker Rods.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 17

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some cooling upgrades. Just a couple little things to do since the engine is out and "why not."

Maradyne high performance fan and Mishimoto hose kit.

Attachments

• Maradyne HP Fan.jpg
    Maradyne HP Fan.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Mishimoto Hose Kit.jpg
    Mishimoto Hose Kit.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 14

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
FRPP BOSS50 engine mount adapters. These took a couple of months to come in. Can't complain about the service level from Steve at Tasca, though.

Attachments

• FRPP Engine Mount Adapters.jpg
    FRPP Engine Mount Adapters.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 16
  • FRPP Engine Mount Adapters 2.jpg
    FRPP Engine Mount Adapters 2.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 17

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
AutoMeter 10051. I believe this one has a silver background and the 10050 has a black background. Runs around $130 and can be found at Summit and others. I have a cowl hood and I'm 6'3", so the gauge pod doesn't obstruct my view at all.

I've had it for almost a year, and I just now took the plunge to buy the gauges to go in it.

BTW, I picked up the gauges off eBay and all of them were around 1/2 retail. Someone is out there with some AutoMeter Ford Racing gauges at a great price because they immediately relisted the items. We'll see how and if they work before I swear by it, but all the pieces and parts were in a sealed carton.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP BOSS50 engine mount adapters. These took a couple of months to come in. Can't complain about the service level from Steve at Tasca, though.

I was going to ask about the FRPP motor mounts with the Prothanes too. Most recommend the FRPP motor mounts with the BOSS50 but I see some mounts from MMR that they recommend:

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=691

JDM recommended these lowered mounts:

http://www.teamjdm.com/2005-2009-mustang-gt-gt500-prothane-motor-lowering-mounts/

I'd like to lower the engine about 1/4" as the NA Shaker I have rubs the hood. Hmmm...

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shaved mounts look just like mine when I was done with them. I saved the extra $60 by calling in a favor with a machinist friend of mine.

I'm not sure what the adapter plate in the link is doing. All I can come up with is it's a barrier between the dissimilar metals of the aluminum mounts and iron alloy block.

Has anyone had any issues mounting the FRPP BOSS50 mounts to the block they were designed to mount to?

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the FRPP mounts raise the motor 1/2" as well?

Not to my knowledge. The BOSS50 is similar in size and location to all the mod motors. I'm lowering 1/2" to try to offset the additional weight on the front end effecting the corner speed of my car.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
FRPP are the motor mount adapters you want. Compare with the incomplete pieces of aluminum from mmr. It's a very large difference in what you get. In this case you definitely get what you pay for.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latest... those beautiful ceramic coated headers turned out not to be mine. Shop switched them, and they had to send mine out to be coated. No charge, but another delay.

Call me stupid for not catching it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here we have... MY JBA LT Headers w/ Jet Hot polished ceramic coating.

Attachments

• Jet Hot Ceramic Headers JBA LTs.jpg
    Jet Hot Ceramic Headers JBA LTs.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 11

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOSS50 iron alloy 3.700 bore block. Not much room to expand here. Better get it right the first time.

BOSS50 Bore.jpg

Pistons and Rods Assy.jpg

Progress from last update is limited to the assembly of the pistons and rods. All parts are in house and ready to assemble. I'd love for Pro Dyno to get me all wrapped up before Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach. I'm not planning to go down this year, but since they are a sponsor, that will end up being a week long delay.

How come I'm already wondering what this thing will do with two 46mm turbos on it? I have the same issues as the rest of you, I guess.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back