there's still a 3v aftermarket? (new intake manifold)

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Bumping this up. Has anyone found anything out about the Holley 829081 or 82? They list two part numbers. Both are listed as coming with a fuel rail kit. There still aren't any pics of it on the Holley website. I'm guessing that one part number is for the stock tb and the other is for a GT500 bolt pattern.

It's too bad the manufacturer doesn't have more info on their own product. That's usually a sign to stay away for me but I'd still like to know more.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Ditto^ I waited 2 months for the Snow Performance injection plate that came out. Said it would be 1 week to ship but that didn't happen, listed on site but no pic just ads online. Well lost the summer waiting and when it arrived, it didn't fit, not with the stock intake manifold and not with the FRPP manifold, have no idea what the hell it fit up too. Sent it back and just drilled mounts into the intake behind the TB, never again if it's being made for the brand overseas and not on the shelf ready to ship screw it, this is the Performance Parts Industry.

Last edited:

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Uses Holley fuel rails. You have use the aeromotive adapter. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454483404.592964.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454483428.179681.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454483481.636568.jpg

Stock throttle body bolts right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Ditto^ I waited 2 months for the Snow Performance injection plate that came out. Said it would be 1 week to ship but that didn't happen, listed on site but no pic just ads online. Well lost the summer waiting and when it arrived, it didn't fit, not with the stock intake manifold and not with the FRPP manifold, have no idea what the hell it fit up too. Sent it back and just drilled mounts into the intake behind the TB, never again if it's being made for the brand overseas and not on the shelf ready to ship screw it, this is the Performance Parts Industry.

more than just the aftermarket industry for cars, seems to be going on everywhere and is dissapointing, so hard to find made in usa anymore. now it's designed somewhere and made elsewhere and sold here.

converturbo

Reaction score
Bringing this back up to see if any other information has been made available. I am thinking about an intake in the near future so would like to know what the deal is with this one. It seems like the picture is just a generic picture for each one. Does it truly require an LS throttle body? In the picture a few posts ago it seems as if the 3v is on the left end.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up to see if any other information has been made available. I am thinking about an intake in the near future so would like to know what the deal is with this one. It seems like the picture is just a generic picture for each one. Does it truly require an LS throttle body? In the picture a few posts ago it seems as if the 3v is on the left end.

Guy actually got a 3V version and it was bad. Alternator did not fit, lots of grinding and refab.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I talked with a Holley rep at an NMRA race last month about this intake, he said they're having them made in China to keep costs down, probably explains the poor fitment, also why it's taking so long to officially become available to purchase. He also said it was designed for a cable driven TB, Holley didn't think people with drive by wire would want them, WTF? You have to use the Holley fuel rails that come with it too, no others are compatible. I asked him how it tested compared to the FRPP, he said it was "slightly better". Seems to me this intake is not a simple bolt on, FWIW.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I talked with a Holley rep at an NMRA race last month about this intake, he said they're having them made in China to keep costs down, probably explains the poor fitment, also why it's taking so long to officially become available to purchase. He also said it was designed for a cable driven TB, Holley didn't think people with drive by wire would want them, WTF? You have to use the Holley fuel rails that come with it too, no others are compatible. I asked him how it tested compared to the FRPP, he said it was "slightly better". Seems to me this intake is not a simple bolt on, FWIW.

Proof of a company run by bean counters.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the dual carb on for my coyote build. It looks pretty nice to me. I'm hoping to try and test fit it this weekend or next.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
On facebook not to long ago I saw somebody bitching about how the intake totally does not fit. Apparently Holley is making adapter plates to make the batch of intakes that does not fit fit.

As far as cable drive....seriously WTF. Did they do any market research?

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Just set mine on its a beautiful piece.
image_zpsdoriuefx.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Nutcase, the deal breaker for me would be the fact that they say right up front that the alternator does not fit in the stock position. The way engines and serpentine drives are designed, there really aren't many options on where to put it. I know, since I am currently replacing my A/C compressor with my alternator and now NO A/C

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
So to use this manifold instead of an FRPP, S&H, or surf the classifieds for C&L or JPC, OR go to hogans or wilsons to fab one up........

1. buy it knowing it might not fit, or be low quality because it is made in China. For which one of these is sloved with an adapter plate that will put a head loss in the flow.
2. get aftermarket fuel rails
3. convert to cable TB
4. relocate alternator

Fucking Botched IMO.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
On facebook not to long ago I saw somebody bitching about how the intake totally does not fit. Apparently Holley is making adapter plates to make the batch of intakes that does not fit fit.

As far as cable drive....seriously WTF. Did they do any market research?

Sounds like it's maybe aimed at people swapping a 3V into an earlier car like a Fox or SN95. Or they're just dumb.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back