05-09 Retrofit Projectors

Sn8kebitten

Reaction score
I'm really not crazy about the stock halogens in my 07 and the lenses are starting to get scratched up with age so I'm wanting a nice projector and HID setup. But people seem to be much happier with custom retrofits than cheap Raxiom stuff. What retrofit companies are out there that do 05-09s? I'm really just looking for a place that I can ship stock headlights to and have everything assembled then shipped back to me. I don't have any experience with this so I'd rather not build them myself though I know retrofits are super expensive. So who would you all recommend? Thanks guys

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the stock lights are perma sealed and cant really be retrofitted. you will have to buy a pair of aftermarket stock style headlights to get them done. if youre on facebook, check out the headlight junkies page. theres a lot of people on there who do rebuilds. youll probably wind up spending close to $600 for them though

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I installed OEM HIDS on my 2007 GT. Total cost was about $350 with the used lights and a new factory wire harness.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I've been watching for OEM HID's for 8 years, sometimes I find a single lamp with broken tabs for $800.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a retrofit kit, lenses, bulbs, ballast etc on black Friday
Need to get a set of headlights to tear apart for install

cavero

forum member
Reaction score

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Checked again, broken tabbers now going for $99 to $250.

Any good OEM lamp now $900+

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
permaseal isnt that bad - i have a set of OEMs that i opened with no cracks. clearning the channel isnt the easiest (gives your hands one hell of a workout) but i had both done in about an hour (first time with perma)

i would pass over OEM HID in these - they are much better than halogen for sure, but a retrofit will have far better performance, and will almost certainly be cheaper - hell, you COULD be a cheapass and do your own retro for under 200.....

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
thats exactly what im looking to modify a set of stock style's to look like, black rear bowl, projector lenses etc.

Just i have a full retrofit kit with lenses, shroud etc and bulbs arent same

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back