New wheels on ghig, opinions?

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked these up for a good deal, but not sure I really like them. The rear offset is aggressive, so I may go with a narrower tire in the future.

Let me know what you think.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. As mentioned, maybe a slightly smaller size tire on the rear, it looks like they are a bit squeezed anyway. What are the specs on the wheels & rubber?

cheers
Ed

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks.

The rear tires definitely wouldn't have been my first choice. They are 305/35 on a 20x10. I will go with something shorter and narrower next time.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Wheels look great!

It's hard deciding on wheels (especially color) when you own a car that is not a typical color, isn't it? Lol.

I think the dark stainless, gray, charcoal, etc. colored wheels look great on cars with colors like ours.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly! My last two cars were Grabber Blue and Grabber Orange...easy choice on wheel color: black.

Love the Yellow Blaze. I looked at one before buying the ghig.

Wheels look great!

It's hard deciding on wheels (especially color) when you own a car that is not a typical color, isn't it? Lol.

I think the dark stainless, gray, charcoal, etc. colored wheels look great on cars with colors like ours.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking..how "squeezed" onto those 12 wides are those tires?? I have been trying to rack my brain on tire sizes for wheels, and figured a 255/40/19 up front, gives me 27.05" tall, and like 9.5" wide for a 9" wheel, and then a 305/30/19 gives me 27.4 and 11.78-12" wide depending on who you ask. I had wanted to stay in the 10.5/11" wide rear wheel width neighborhood, want to run a wider tire outback that's same height as the front, without looking like I shoe horned it onto the rim.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good!

Thanks. Nice times on the TVS!!

If you don't mind my asking..how "squeezed" onto those 12 wides are those tires?? I have been trying to rack my brain on tire sizes for wheels, and figured a 255/40/19 up front, gives me 27.05" tall, and like 9.5" wide for a 9" wheel, and then a 305/30/19 gives me 27.4 and 11.78-12" wide depending on who you ask. I had wanted to stay in the 10.5/11" wide rear wheel width neighborhood, want to run a wider tire outback that's same height as the front, without looking like I shoe horned it onto the rim.

My wheels are 10" wide. The tires have a 12" section width and a 10.6" tread width. I'm not sure if that's the info you are looking for? If you want, I can get some better pics of the sidewall/rim.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yessir, that's what I wanted to know. They all list widths and heights, but once mounted, that changes a touch. If you don't mind, and you have a chance, if you could snag up a pic or two showing the how the tire sucks into the wheel.

Looks great by the way, really like how the whole car as a package looks.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I really dig those wheels on your GHIG. I agree that you should go with a slightly narrower rear tire next time. Maybe a 275 or a 285. I have run both widths on my 10" wide wheels and both fit really good.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
It's more than likely away for the winter, so hopefully spring comes early. Maybe I'll find someone that wants to trade their 285s for my 305s!

Jason...pm sent.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I think they awesome, big fan of black rims I want to get some for mine once I can afford it

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
New wheel and tire setup on the way, just have to wait and see which ones I like better. Pics coming soon!

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Already?! Lol.

Whatcha gonna do with your current setup? :poke:

Yes, already...I have issues. You would be amazed at how many parts I buy that never make it onto my cars.

0 miles on the Niche/MT setup. I believe I already have a buyer lined up and waiting.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, already...I have issues. You would be amazed at how many parts I buy that never make it onto my cars.

0 miles on the Niche/MT setup. I believe I already have a buyer lined up and waiting.

Ah, ok. Well I guess that explains why your sig still has the stockers. lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back