Andy's One Car to do It All

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I had my 18x11 F14's at like 21.8 or something. So you're in the ballpark at least. My 18x11 CF5's are 23.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I had my 18x11 F14's at like 21.8 or something. So you're in the ballpark at least. My 18x11 CF5's are 23.

I cant wrap my head around how the F14 with more spokes is lighter then the CF5...Bueller?

Andy, fucking love those wheels man. Dream wheels, or I should just get my F14's coated that color

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I cant wrap my head around how the F14 with more spokes is lighter then the CF5...Bueller?

The CF5 spokes are very beefy and the cross-section of the area where the spokes meet the drum are thicker as well to support the stress transmitted from the tire to the hub.

The F14 spokes having more contact points with the drum can be much thinner in comparison to support the same stress loads.

We're not talking a massive amount of weight since it only ends being a 5-6% difference between the two wheel styles in the same size.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
The barrel of the F14 is significantly smaller than on the CF5. The 18" F14 will not go over a 15" caliper/rotor setup...the CF5 will.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got an injured lower back right now, and I picked up a double box of two 18x10 CF5s with one hand. They are stupid light.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
The CF5 spokes are very beefy and the cross-section of the area where the spokes meet the drum are thicker as well to support the stress transmitted from the tire to the hub.

The F14 spokes having more contact points with the drum can be much thinner in comparison to support the same stress loads.
The barrel of the F14 is significantly smaller than on the CF5. The 18" F14 will not go over a 15" caliper/rotor setup...the CF5 will.
agreed on both accounts

Andy, fucking love those wheels man. Dream wheels, or I should just get my F14's coated that color
Thanks! Work has been nuts lately or I would've taken them to get mounted already. So I have to be a keyboard mechanic for a little while longer.

Vorshlag built a white car with gold F14s for Jamie Beck. Either the lighting isn't great on many of those shots, the gold is a matte finish, brake dust pwned them, or something else is going on, because they look darker.

I've got an injured lower back right now ...
Join the club. I worked on the car and a carpentry project last weekend and am scrugglin this week.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Either the lighting isn't great on many of those shots, the gold is a matte finish, brake dust pwned them, or something else is going on, because they look darker.
Racing pad brake dust etched the gold color on the wheels
Gotcha. I figured that was the case given the car's usage and my own experience dual-porpoising wheels.

I probably would've been OK as long as they remained dry, but I drove them for an extended *cough,6-months,cough* period including in the rain. Live and learn. The gold wheels I bought are intended for tha skreets only.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got them on the car today. I took Friday off to swap rear suspensions between the DIB and
white car and had the tires mounted. Unfortunately 3 of 4 wheels were slightly damaged while the tires
were being mounted. I'm not sure you'd even be able to tell, especially on 1 of the 3, if you didn't know
what you were looking for, but it still sucks. I also split my finger wide open Friday night and had go to
Urgent Care. All in all not a fantastic day off.

On to the pictures. I'll have more later this week after a bath.
12805758_840985116029952_8817769366777170629_n.jpg

12806045_841731285955335_6052629174329057474_n.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back