Reaction score
↑↑↑ image no workee

Norm
That's odd...how about meow?
12783747_10207457495429524_2096705662287798624_o.jpg

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it in the previous posts, what tires (mfg/size/spec) did you mount up?
It wasn't posted. They're Nitto NT555 in 285/40-18, from the white 2013 I bought last year. I'm not a fan at all...both the wet and dry grip are balls compared to the ExtremeContact DW I've used for awhile.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
It wasn't posted. They're Nitto NT555 in 285/40-18, from the white 2013 I bought last year. I'm not a fan at all...both the wet and dry grip are balls compared to the ExtremeContact DW I've used for awhile.

Little off topic, but how many street miles did you get out of the DW's? I have a dedicated track wheel/tire setup so they'd never see track time. Pure DD usage.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Little off topic, but how many street miles did you get out of the DW's? I have a dedicated track wheel/tire setup so they'd never see track time. Pure DD usage.
Mine were dual-purpose so the number was really low. I chewed up at least two sets (through front:back rotation) due to lack of front camber adjustment. But if I had to give a number, it'd be 3-5k miles. I beat the piss out of them on track and they still shined as DD tires, which is why they will eventually see DD only usage. Maybe rain HPDE sessions too.

I'd expect to get 15-20k out of a set with street-only wear and proper rotation.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
Tasca was running a sale today so I picked up a T2R and finned diff cover. I was hoping to have the take-offs mounted to the GT500 wheels by my event on April 11, but I won't have the hitch mounted by then and don't really want to cram wheels/tires in the car like I used to. Plus, I need to focus on adding the Wilwoods since the track in question (CMP) beats the shit outta brakes.

dmfracer

Reaction score
Full Tilt Boogie has the T2R for $695 all day every day. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Tasca was running a sale today so I picked up a T2R and finned diff cover. I was hoping to have the take-offs mounted to the GT500 wheels by my event on April 11, but I won't have the hitch mounted by then and don't really want to cram wheels/tires in the car like I used to. Plus, I need to focus on adding the Wilwoods since the track in question (CMP) beats the shit outta brakes.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to focus on adding the Wilwoods since the track in question (CMP) beats the shit outta brakes

I went to CMP for my first HPDE ever. Only drove Saturday since I was metal to metal by the end of the day. It worked out well though. I learned more riding with instructors on Sunday than I ever could have learned in my car.

4 piston Brembos with Boss 302 ducts went on before I drove the car again. It was in the plans, which is why I didn't bother to run to the auto parts store to by pads and rotors for my stock brakes.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
The sale at Tasca allowed me to pick it up for $685. :thumb:
It looks like I came in just before a price increase...the Tasca site now shows $770. Steve communicated this as an increase from Ford Racing when he and I spoke recently.

So if you guys want one, you might want to jump on it elsewhere.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
I went to CMP for my first HPDE ever. Only drove Saturday since I was metal to metal by the end of the day. ... 4 piston Brembos with Boss 302 ducts went on before I drove the car again. It was in the plans, which is why I didn't bother to run to the auto parts store to by pads and rotors for my stock brakes.
CMP is one of those tracks where (as an instructor) I highly recommend a more-aggressive-than-stock pad. As you've found, stock or equivalent usually DIAF. It also rapes tires due to the racing surface and will do so to an even greater degree if you aren't running camber plates. It happens to be 50-55 minutes from my house and a great learning track though, so I put up with the wear. Gotta pay to play in this sport anyways.

I'll be there in a week instructing with the Noble Club, then back in June with Tarheel Sports Car Club (THSCC) and October with Carolinas Regional Mustang Club (CRMC). It'd be nice to see another forum member out there if you're available.

...It worked out well though. I learned more riding with instructors on Sunday than I ever could have learned in my car. ...
You learn a tremendous amount riding with others. Ideally you can structure it where you ride with your instructor, then swap cars and seating positions, and go back out.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a member of THSCC, but I won't be making the CMP event on my wife's birthday. I'm saving my favors for the Optima event at Charlotte on our anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a member of THSCC, but I won't be making the CMP event on my wife's birthday. I'm saving my favors for the Optima event at Charlotte on our anniversary.
Haha, nice. My wife was sitting in my passenger seat, on track, percolating some BoJ on our anniversary last year. I definitely understand the balance aspect, particularly because we have 3 kids.

Where do you guys live?

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're in High Point. My car is currently just south of you in Rock Hill at Pro Dyno (I believe you're in Charlotte IIR).

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
CMP is one of those tracks where (as an instructor) I highly recommend a more-aggressive-than-stock pad. As you've found, stock or equivalent usually DIAF. It also rapes tires due to the racing surface and will do so to an even greater degree if you aren't running camber plates. It happens to be 50-55 minutes from my house and a great learning track though, so I put up with the wear. Gotta pay to play in this sport anyways.

Indeed. My first track weekend there (also first ever), I corded the inside of my front tires not running camber plates, and completely destroyed a set of brand new set of Hawk HPS' (running with traction control on btw...). At one point I think I boiled some ATE super blue even with 2.5" brake ducts. Fun track though.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back