stripe opinion...

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out if silver, gray, or charcoal stripes (dual GT 10" or 12") grill to trunk (no bumpers its not a GT500) would look good on an Oxford white 2014 GT with Black 18" American Racing Razors (chrome lip).
Photos below of car and close up of wheel on car. opinion? Black stripes are not an option. Thanks.

gLGTsdF.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I would say yes, either one of those colors would look good on your car. Out of the three options, I'd go with silver. I still think that the white with silver stripe '07 (?) Shelby GTs are one of the best looking Mustangs ever made. Although with your black wheels, black would look pretty hot...

And I would go over the bumpers with the stripes as well. Just because your car isn't a Shelby doesn't mean you want to be caught half steppin' with your stripe game.

And throw on some lowering springs while you at it! :poke:

5tangiac.0

forum member
Reaction score
My vote is for silver. I always liked the Shelby gt with the white/silver. Never been a fan of black stripes on white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wckdgt

forum member
Reaction score
I would say yes, either one of those colors would look good on your car. Out of the three options, I'd go with silver. I still think that the white with silver stripe '07 (?) Shelby GTs are one of the best looking Mustangs ever made. Although with your black wheels, black would look pretty hot...

And I would go over the bumpers with the stripes as well. Just because your car isn't a Shelby doesn't mean you want to be caught half steppin' with your stripe game.

what he said lol

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

1.5" rear drop since that photo was taken. Super charger weight on the front already brings the stock height down 3/4".

Def not a fan of black stripes on white, too much contrast for me, but was trying to determine if silver or gray would look good with the black wheels. I love the Shelby in white with silver. Very classy. AM is running a deal on the gunmetal gray Razor wheels right now on their 18x10 wheel. So was trying to determine whether or not to spend money on changing wheel color. Would rather spend that money on power mods.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Full stripes, bumpers and all. I vote black because of the wheels. Silver would look out of place as would grey. Not sure on charcoal. Too much with the chrome emblems, then silver on the wheels with the black, then another color for the stripes.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks! I searched google for a photo like that! Looks great! Stripes are on like DONKEY KONG!!! Thanks much. I'm not going to do any rocker stripes but man that looks awesome. Just saved me making a $650 dollar oops on new wheels. BRAVO!!!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. Black on white is too much contrast for me. Black on charcoal, Black on blue, Black on GHIG, Black on silver, Black on Black I love. Thanks for the footage though. That car sounded awesome btw. And even Black on White it was the best looking car that past by IMHO.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Yeah it did sound pretty badass. Would love to have mine look and sound like that.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always like the silver/gray stripes on white, seen it on a Shelby gt and thought it looked good.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds great guys. With the pictures provided and the feedback, I am confident the car will look very nice striped in silver or charcoal with the Black Razors. The car sits 1.5" lower in the back since the picture I posted. Added the 1.5" drags from BMR. The TVS weight on the nose brought the front down on the stock springs so if anything I will take the spare pair of linear stock springs I have, cut half a coil out of them to add just a touch a rake and it should be good to go.

Thanks again for all of the feedback...and some beautiful cars in the posted sigs to BTW.

5tangiac.0

forum member
Reaction score
Have you thought about doing them in the gt350 style. Silver with a black or red pinstripe on the outside. That's what I want to do when these red ones are faded out.
fc9b62f8e0fc8373a4f0a97bfefaf6e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^ Oh yeah. I was thinking about a shadow or accent of some type along side the stripes. I think that would really pull it together if the pin stripe would stay down. I'd love to have the stripes painted and pinstriped then cleared but now you're talking good money that doesn't make it go any faster. LOL! In fact if my wheels were anthracite and not black, I'd do the outline in GHIG accent because my 13 premium was GHIG. It would get a lot of response from the locals who remember that car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back