stripe opinion...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks! I searched google for a photo like that! Looks great! Stripes are on like DONKEY KONG!!! Thanks much. I'm not going to do any rocker stripes but man that looks awesome. Just saved me making a $650 dollar oops on new wheels. BRAVO!!!

Where dafuq you getting Mustang wheels for $650? :omfg:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
American Muscle had a set of 8.5x20 for $450 a couple weeks back. I almost grabbed em but I don't want to go 20s just yet.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Where dafuq you getting Mustang wheels for $650? :omfg:

American Muscle has a sale on the gunmetal 18x10 American Racing Shelby Razors @ $135 each shipped. The 18x9 is regular price at 189 each shipped.

135.00x2 = 270
189.00x2 = 378

Sale ends 6/30. Sorry I was off by $2. LOL:whistle1:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
If you keep an eye on their sales, AM has some great deals on wheels from time to time.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm on a stripe mission. Hopefully will have this done before too long. Just depends on how much it cuts into power mod funds. Thanks again for the input and all of the help. Seeking a little more power from the coyote to find that 10.xx, and then its stripe time. Have a local that can do them and let me see swatches before hand. So it may end up being silver or charcoal, but it will be in that color scheme.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Have decided to go silver or Charcoal with a very thin black (.125" or .0625")stripe on the outer edge of each stripe only. Found a place locally that will hook me up and swears that all lines will run parallel with no slanting, arcing, as seen on some after market stripe jobs. Sooooooooooooo...we will see.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^I think your color choice is gonna look friggin' sweet. Can't wait to see the results.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hope to get it done in the next 4 weeks or so. Heart strings keep telling me to spend that glamour money on an offroad H pipe and GT500 exhaust to free up some more horses, but I am getting a little tired of the plain Jane appearance as well. Needs a little spice. And of course we all know that stripes are worth a 1/10th. LOL!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I would have them painted on. My biggest gripe since I've had mine is the silver vinyl stripes. They will fade and crack and there is nothing that can remove stains on them. I'm in the middle of removing mine right now and it's a major PITA. After having stripes for 9 years, there is no way I will have vinyl stripes on another car, ever.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I would have them painted on. My biggest gripe since I've had mine is the silver vinyl stripes. They will fade and crack and there is nothing that can remove stains on them. I'm in the middle of removing mine right now and it's a major PITA. After having stripes for 9 years, there is no way I will have vinyl stripes on another car, ever.

I gotta agree with you. I plan to eventually have mine painted but it was a bit of a discovery mission. I wanted to experiment a bit and have changed them 3 times so far. Now that I know what I want I will paint them on.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

I've seen that happen with matte black in this area. Little milder in the summer in my area than down south. Mine lasted fine on the 05. I'd love to have them painted on but the way I am with my car it would get chipped two minutes down the road. So vinyl works fine.appreciate the input though.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
When I did my stripes I used a grease pencil and drew lines and erased them until I got them just right. If you can find a grease pencil in the color you think you want it might help.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Finished and on the car yesterday. Picked up 0.03 on the ET with them on the car last night. Who says striped don;t help ET's? LOL!!!!

Will post up some photos later today.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
As close a match I could fing to actually being magnetic gray, 1/4" gloss black pinstripe on outside edge. Think it turned out okay. Have some issues with attention to detail I need to take up with the stripe person. But color wise I am happy. Thanks for all of the feedback.

gmrPj5R.jpg

2ZWORbx.jpg

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of removing mine right now and it's a major PITA.

Lil Chizler and 3M Adhesive Cleaner, the good stuff in the red and white can 08987, make it a lot easier.

The stripes look great. I like the black pinstripe.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
looks great, what attention to detail issues were there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Break points I guess to call them. Leading edge on the roof the cut is pretty rough and again on leading or trailing edges from the spoiler down. They'll take care of that I am sure. Color and finish wise they look great though IMO.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. Did that to better pull the gloss black wheels in with the accents. Going to mount gloss black 5.0 emblems on the side as well to complete the look. Got a call back from the shop today to take it back in so they can resolve the issues. The kid does good work but got pressure rushed to finish because the manager messed up on the swatch color and had to same day it in which set the kid back four hours. Otherwise I think (and hope) it would have been much better done. You can see the progression of rushing as you observe front to rear. They'll take care of it. I'm not smearing them. Its not like botched and did the stripes in pink or something. LOL!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back