Hoosier 28x13.5x15

07 Boss

Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to order tires. Current set up is Hoosier QTP 28x11.5x15 on 15x10 Race Stars and Cobra Jet RA springs (the stupid low ones). Anyways I'm looking at the 28x13.5x15's. My question is has anyone run this size on the 15x10 Race Stars? It looks like they will clear the shock on the inside but it may stick out past the wheel well and with these springs it looks like it's gonna be pretty darn close to the fender. The tread is 1" wider and the cross section is 1.5" wider. It looks like I have an inch to the shock tower but my main concern is cutting it with the fender. At the track I'm not worried about the the suspension compressing but I do drive these tires to the track (18 miles) and I can see it possibly rubbing. Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience with this set up/situation.

Here is the current set up.

This tire is almost 1/2" shorter. MT 305/40/18

Wasn't sure if this should go into Drag Racing or Wheels & Tires but I figured it would be OK here.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I just don't think you need the 13.5s do you? Is there a particular reason for wanting to switch? The 11.5 is PLENTY of tire.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I just don't think you need the 13.5s do you? Is there a particular reason for wanting to switch? The 11.5 is PLENTY of tire.

Well the tread on those is 10", 11.5" is just the cross section width. You would think that it would be enough but it just seems like I do a bit of peddling when I'm racing here on Midnight Mayhem. Track prep is spotty during these events. Test and tunes are better but cost a bunch more than just running with the street crowd. So I was thinking that a bit more tire might help. I pull high 1.7 to 1.8 60's with stalled auto. I think I should be in the 1.6's pretty easily. I am working on plotting my suspension so I can figure out anti-squat % but it can't be that far off. The axle pushes down and lifts the rear of the car on launch but maybe it's hitting too hard and releasing. IDK. I'm probably going to end up with the same tire but was just exploring the possibility of putting a little more rubber back there. I would just hate to spend $400-$500 and have them not fit or get cut on the way to the track.

Last edited:

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
I 325/50r15 lowered on eibach pro kit. I rub slightly on the fenders during the drive. Have never rubbed at the track. I think they are 27.8 x 12.8. If that helps any

07 Boss

Reaction score
I 325/50r15 lowered on eibach pro kit. I rub slightly on the fenders during the drive. Have never rubbed at the track. I think they are 27.8 x 12.8. If that helps any

Thanks buddy, I went ahead and ordered the 11.5's again because I need to run next Friday. I'll try and just make some good measurements off these and see how much actual room I have. I think my rear is not as low as the Prokit so I might be able to fit them.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
m/t et street pro's. best/fastest tire on the planet. I picked up 2 tenths switching from a m/t slick probably due to making more speed thru the traps

07 Boss

Reaction score
m/t et street pro's. best/fastest tire on the planet. I picked up 2 tenths switching from a m/t slick probably due to making more speed thru the traps

Those are about the same dimensions as the 13.5" Hoosiers but taller. How do they fit and what kind of rims and springs are you running? I already bought the 11.5's but for the future I will look at these if I think I can fit them.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score

The more I hear about these, even on stick cars, the more impressed I get. I tried the 28x10.5 M/T Pro Bracket Radial and really like it. Similar sidewall to the ET Pro, but it uses the slicks X5 compound instead of the R2 of the ET Pro.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back